GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I generally take 5-7 hour rides and use my SRL2 Headset continually during the ride to listen to music, Nav and CB. Before I complete the ride I am out of power on the head set or at least get low Battery Warnings. I bought a Sena Powerbank with tyhe idea of topping off the charge on the headset when on a lunch stop etc. When I attach the Batterybank to the headset, the red charge light on the headset comes on for a minute or two and then goes off. When I plug the headset into a wall charger the red charging head set comes on and stays on until it turns blue indicating the headset is charged.

Does that mean the Batterybank is not charging the headset? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Could be the powerbank or the cord. I tend to wear out the cords often. You could try using a power port in the trunk to charge during a break.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ran the charge down on the SRL2 more and plugged it into the Powerbank and it continued charging the headset for more than 30 minutes before I unplugged it. May be that the SRL2 was almost charged before and it cut off when charged. But the blue light did not come on like when plugged into the wall charger.. We will see.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I was having similar issues with my wall charger; come on then go off. I would move the plug and it would come back on until I walked away. New cord fixed it.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Read some where that you could not charge the built in headsets when you are using them. This is one of the reasons that I use an external headset.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Read some where that you could not charge the built in headsets when you are using them. This is one of the reasons that I use an external headset.
That is correct. Need to charge during lunch stops.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I have the same experience with a battery pack, not a Sena brand. It will charge the SRL for 20 minutes or so then quits before the blue light comes on. I added a 12v live supply to my trunk, plug a USB adapter into that and get a full charge with the helmet secure and out of sight.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
With headsets as well as many other electronics, they are taking much more power than ever before. Many times the old chargers and batteries are no longer up to charging the new equipment.
When people say that the unit only charges for 20 minutes that is the boost time and if it does not get enough charge during time it things that it is done. I had to replace a USB wall socket because it was not up to charging Sena 50S headsets. I also upgraded my travel chargers. and our pocket batteries.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts