GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I bit the bullet and have a new 2012 abs due in August, BUT we don't understand the intercom options.

The Honda intercom system is $550! Seams a little high. I don't know why I would want Blue Tooth when the bike is hard wired. So, what is the smart-affordable way to get rider-to-passenger communication?

Besides shouting. ;)

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
The "hardwire" is all you need to talk through your helmets. Thats unless theres been a major change from all other GW's up to the 2012. Since I don't have a 2012, I'm going to assume the Bluetooth is to allow for Cell phone, etc.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Racer57 I agree. I would imagine they left the hard connect system in place. At least I would hope so. If not you have to use BT helmet equip. A 2012 owner will hopefully post if the hardwire system is still present. If so use a good quality headset and cords and your good to go.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I think what is decribing is for the cost of the headsets and not the actual intercom which is installed on every GW.
The intercom is unchanged on the 2012. There are differences on the audio system and CB.
No longer a CD player option. Now has a USB port for music play, no more AUX input. CB interface to AU has been changed. AU nowinside trunk and CB sits below it with a cable within the trunk to connect the two, no more removing the top shelter to install CB. CB list price is $50 less than last year.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
You can buy cheaper headsets that HONDALINE which are made by J&M. J&M offers several options on their headsets. Lower cords are around $25 each and a good midline headset from J&M is about $150 each. Not much to installing them. You can also HARDWIRE your phone using Kennedy Cellsets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts