GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sena BT and I'm going riding with someone later this month that has A scala headset Does anyone know if they can be paired to communicate bike to bike?

Thanks

·
Registered
812 Posts
Not likely

From everything that i can tell, no, there is no easy way to link them.

The "intercom" bit doesn't appear to use Bluetooth as the communication protocol. I've not found any indication that they aren't using Bluetooth, but the fact that they work at "up to a mile" would eliminate Bluetooth as a technology.

The Scala system works very well as a driver to passenger intercom and works extremely well as a connection to my Android device. I've not tried it as a rider to rider communication method yet.

Jason

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm really looking for bluetooth from my ipod - so a decent stereo sound in my helmet

·
Registered
812 Posts
a scala rider G4 has steiro for the mp3 ..
Agree, scala supports stereo, but in my opinion the sound from the scala headset is very tinny. If you are any sort of a purist with regard to sound quality you won't be happy.

From a functionality standpoint I love my G4's.

Jason

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have a Sena BT and I'm going riding with someone later this month that has A scala headset Does anyone know if they can be paired to communicate bike to bike?

Thanks
From Sena FAQ http://www.senabluetooth.com/support/faq.php?tab_menu=intercom:
Bluetooth intercom communication has not been widely standardized and each manufacturer uses its own proprietary mechanism. You will not be able to pair/connect SMH10 to another Bluetooth intercom headset.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guys - I'm looking for a way to use my ipod and gps on a rented gold wing that doesn't have an auxiliary connector. Any ideas on that?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Scala would work as well. Scala supports either Bluetooth pairing or hard wired (by hard I mean plug-in).

I've paired my scala with my phone and use it for streaming from Google music, and for navigation from Google maps. Navigation commands interrupt the streaming music, as do phone calls.

For any type of modern Bluetooth connection you'll want to make sure that whatever you get supports A2DP. I suspect that Sena does, but i know that scala does.

Jason

1 - 9 of 9 Posts