Discussion Starter #1
Can you remove the Kuryaka Iso-Grip with out distroying them,
I wish to replaced them with the stock OEM Grips,

So if anyone knows how, Please reply.
Thanks

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Why bother? But you can put the straw of a WD 40 can up the sides under the rubber and that should loosen the cement.

·
Registered
761 Posts
If you used the glue supplied with the grips the answer is probably no. I have wanted to remove my Kury grips to put heat under them. The search I did of past posts basically said that if you used the supplied glue you will destroy the grips getting them off. :( Good luck. Maybe someone will come up with a method that will work.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I have heard of compressed air usually works. I never have tried the WD40 trick, but it seems like it would work. I know the glue they game me a couple of years ago, did not hold up very long.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Closetchef said:
You ought to be able to get replacement rubber from Kuryakyn.
Like Closetcheif said,
and that is why I wanted to try not to damage them,
I am putting stock back on due to size,
a large grip is awful on arthritis,
and hopefully I'll find someone that wants a set of them someday.

Thanks to all

·
Chard Member
12,970 Posts
Closetchef said:
You ought to be able to get replacement rubber from Kuryakyn.
Nope! :( They will sell one complete grip now, but no rubbers. At least this is what I ran into a couple of months ago when I called.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
I have taken off the Kury grips to install grip heaters on a friends Wing. I took a flat screw driver and pry up the rubber of the grip just enough to get a WD40 straw under the grip a bit and after spraying the WD40 you just work the screw driver around the handlebar and spray some more, pushing the screwdriver a little deeper and around the handlebar and the grip will come off in perfect condition.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Frank is right on. I have removed a half dozen sets of varying brands. None damaged. Tried the compressed air once but the WD40 works much better. Just make sure the screw driver is a slim one and tilt it toward the bar so as not to poke a hole in the grip. Do it in 3 or 4 spots and twist the grip. Should spin right off. Make sure to clean the slick stuff off before trying to glue anything back.

If you don't have grip glue, you can use WalMart flat fix rubber cement. Smear it on the bar and let it dry. Rub some inside the grip and while wet, slide it on. Let it dry. Never had one break loose.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts