GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
I had a Cardo Freecom 1 and that thing did not work on two medium. You either had to put it on GPS or phone but it would not work on both simultaneously. I dumped it.

Does the higher end Cardo have replaceable batteries?

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I'm not sure but I don't think the Sena 20S will work with power plugged into it.
Mine did. After 8-9 hours ride it would die. Plug in the power pack and go.

I had a Cardo Freecom 1 and that thing did not work on two medium. You either had to put it on GPS or phone but it would not work on both simultaneously. I dumped it.

Does the higher end Cardo have replaceable batteries?
No. If the batteries die or when the next generation headsets are available, I will buy them. Hopefully Bluetooth 5.0 with better range, features and better fidelity.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I replaced the battery on my Sena smh10. Unfortunately you can't buy a replacement battery with the quick connect plug, so you have to cut the wires off the old plug and do a simple soder to the new battery. All on you tube.

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Someone brought this issue earlier. I just want to clarify it:

The Sena20 can be used while you have it connected to a power source...done it lots of times.
I now carry a batt pack and have it. Earlier times I have used the power source on a BMW

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
I've never had a problem with my Sena battery..It last all day, then I plug it into the charging cord...and my Sena is approx four/five yrs (seasons) old...

It's the jog wheel that I have my problem with.....It turns way too easy, so I have to keep turning it to the right volume...

Ronnie

·
Registered
20,763 Posts
Have 20s EVO for use on the Tenere , it’s 2 years old and so far the only battery issue has been if I forget to charge it. But the Sena can be frustrating to operate with gloves on, the volume gets accidentally turned way to easily, customer support is lousy , the range is supposed to be about a mile but I would say your very lucky to get 1/2 mile.
i highly prefer the corded J&M headset I use on the Goldwing and J&M customer support is excellent.

·
Registered
840 Posts
We have a pair if Sena SMH10s. Guessing 7-8 years old. Battery performance deteriorated a lot by year 3-4. Sena does not offer battery replacement. Did a little research and found batteries on eBay and a YouTube video.
DYI replacement and have been happy ever since.

Doing a little research on the 10U that the OP was asking about shows really poor battery life and difficult replacement.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
We have a pair if Sena SMH10s. Guessing 7-8 years old. Battery performance deteriorated a lot by year 3-4. Sena does not offer battery replacement. Did a little research and found batteries on eBay and a YouTube video.
DYI replacement and have been happy ever since.

Doing a little research on the 10U that the OP was asking about shows really poor battery life and difficult replacement.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Well don't keep the secret to yourself brother: where is that Youtube and eBay link so I can look this up and follow your good lead? Thanks

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Good luck with the hack battery replacement.

Be sure to update the firmware. IDK about the 10u, but in other models, the newer firmware pulls a lot less juice.

My riding buddy switched to Cardo (Bold?) recently. Good sound and works well with the Cardo mesh. She couldn't get audio multi-tasking to work (not sure if the device or the user was the issue there) at all. Cardo-Sena pairing is possible but unacceptable. Switched back to Sena. No complaints about quality or sound, just features. BTW, if anyone really cares about sound, noise isolating ear buds are the way to go, rather than helmet speakers.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'm not sure but I don't think the Sena 20S will work with power plugged into it.
Yep.. the 20s will run with power at the same time. I've done it many times on 12 hour days on the bike

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
We run the Cardo mesh in our group and usually have 15 bikes meshed. It does work good but I wish Cardo would put an on- off switch on the mic side. We have a heavy breather or if someone coughs, belches or farts everyone hears it. Sometimes we can get terrible wind noise from someone’s set and with a switch you could turn it off but still be able to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
193 Posts
I replaced the battery on my Sena smh10. Unfortunately you can't buy a replacement battery with the quick connect plug, so you have to cut the wires off the old plug and do a simple soder to the new battery. All on you tube.
Yes, you can on eBay. The polarity is wrong but you can reverse the polarity by releasing the clips from the plug and re-installing them.

·
Registered
193 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Just ordered this headset and awaiting delivery. Every review I read points to it being one of the best. Thanks for the input
The only bad part is that you missed out on the frustrations of dealing with the Sena's. Hope you enjoy them.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts