GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been able to figure out how to.

I want to find a specific latitude and longitude and make it a way point. I don't see any search fields for LAT and LONG in MapSource.

Can it be done directly from the 276C?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I will look on mine and get back with you. I have done it before but cant remember right now.

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Turn 276 on and put in simulator mode
(doesn't have to be in simulator mode but if you're sitting at your desk, might as well)
go to map page
make a waypoint by pressing ENTER
edit the coordinates and any other field on that page that you want to change
(name and symbol most likely)
select OK
Or if you just want to see where those coordinates are and don't want to save the waypoint select Show Map

I just re-read your post and maybe I don't understand what you want to do.

In Mapsource just right-click anywhere to make a new waypoint and edit the coordinates to be the specific coordinates you are looking for and it will place the waypoint whereever you specified.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Weengers, Even if you didn't understand my question, your reply did answer it for me. :lol: :lol:

I have the LAT and LONG coordinates of a destination I want to go to, but I couldn't find a place to enter those numbers. IE: There's no place in the "Find Places" menu which only offers choices to find "city", "Feature", "Address", "Intersection", and "Waypoint" by name, not coordinates.

What you pointed out to me works. That is, right click on the map and select "New Waypoint", then it givse you a "Position" box that you can put LAT and LONG coordinates into. That's what I was looking for.

Gotta love this board!

Thanks!!

8)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts