GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrgh! I just found my Ultragard Half cover under a pile of leaves and mud. Chalk one up to my stupidity for leaving it drapped over my fence one day then losing track of it. Thought my better half had stowed it away.
Instead it spent two weeks stewing in a muddy, leaf filled soup.
Can you wash one of these and still expect it to waterproof? Or should I just bite the bullet and buy a new one?

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Just wash it and give a spray of tent sealent!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I'd try to air dry it,then gently scrub or soak it in a solution of Lysol (10%) & water,then air dry. I've had success with Lysol on mildewed/moldy tents.
Like SHADOW 1 sez, you can always spray it with tent sealant if necessary.
(SHADOW 1. you up No. or in Fl.?)
Wherever you are,hope all is well. :D
the hobo

G

·
Vicegrip said:
Arrgh! I just found my Ultragard Half cover under a pile of leaves and mud. Chalk one up to my stupidity for leaving it drapped over my fence one day then losing track of it. Thought my better half had stowed it away.
Instead it spent two weeks stewing in a muddy, leaf filled soup.
Can you wash one of these and still expect it to waterproof? Or should I just bite the bullet and buy a new one?
NO, NEVER, IT WOULDN"T WORK, just send to me, and I'll take it off your hands...................

Just pull'en your chain.

It should be fine with a little TLC, air dry, maybe buy some spray-on water proofing and your good to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts