GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Our PM has said that no border will open until 75 percent of Canadians are vaccinated. We are only at 41 percent i believe.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Our PM has said that no border will open until 75 percent of Canadians are vaccinated. We are only at 41 percent i believe.
That could be a very long time into the future being that many of those remaining might not intend or wish to get vaccinated and also that some of Canada is so remote.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
66.219-percent of eligible Canadians have received at least one Covid vaccination.

Tim

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Keyword there being eligible. If they never make 75% of Canadians eligible to get the vaccine, their borders will never open.

Reactions: jettawreck

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
75.33-percent of eligible Canadians have now received at least one Covid vaccination.

Tim
These are the statistics from your attachment:
National vaccination coverage Download national vaccination coverage data in.csvformat
In Canada, 25,041,027 people (65.89% of the population) have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.

• 17,707,804 people (46.59% of the population) are partially vaccinated.
  • 7,333,223 people (19.30% of the population) are fully vaccinated.

An additional 630,918 people (1.66% of the population) have been partially vaccinated since our report last week.

I am watching these statistics as well as I am planing a trip from NJ to Alaska in 2022.

Reactions: BigBob1

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
These are the statistics from your attachment:
National vaccination coverage Download national vaccination coverage data in.csvformat
In Canada, 25,041,027 people (65.89% of the population) have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.

• 17,707,804 people (46.59% of the population) are partially vaccinated.
  • 7,333,223 people (19.30% of the population) are fully vaccinated.

An additional 630,918 people (1.66% of the population) have been partially vaccinated since our report last week.

I am watching these statistics as well as I am planing a trip from NJ to Alaska in 2022.
Right. But 75.33-percent of the ELIGIBLE population have received at least one shot.

My moto friends are SPECULATING the Canadian government will open the border once 75.0-percent of the ELIGIBLE population receives 2 shots. But that's pure speculation.

As an aside, you could atill do a trip to Alaska even with the border closed by ferrying from WA to AK, but what fun would that be? :)

Tim

·
Registered
431 Posts
Right. But 75.33-percent of the ELIGIBLE population have received at least one shot.

My moto friends are SPECULATING the Canadian government will open the border once 75.0-percent of the ELIGIBLE population receives 2 shots. But that's pure speculation.

As an aside, you could atill do a trip to Alaska even with the border closed by ferrying from WA to AK, but what fun would that be? :)

Tim

This website is showing 66.5% of the population of Canada has had one dose and 24.2 has had two doses.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
This website is showing 66.5% of the population of Canada has had one dose and 24.2 has had two doses.

I don't know who Trevor Tombe is or what his credentials are. I'm inclined to give credence to the Government of Canada's website for which I provided a link.

Tim

·
Registered
431 Posts
I don't know who Trevor Tombe is or what his credentials are. I'm inclined to give credence to the Government of Canada's website for which I provided a link.

Tim
Did you look at his website or where he gets the information ? He is a professor at the University of Calgary.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I was hoping for another quiet winter in AZ. <sigh>

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
View attachment 386794
I got this notice from m=one of our Senators a week ago.
Yep, on a trip into Canada a couple years ago I was advised that my Passport being within six months of expiration would probably not allow me entry on my next trip a month or two later without a new one.
Bureaucracy details at work....

·
Registered
21,258 Posts
I sure don’t understand the supposed 6 week mailing time ? A few extra days maybe but not an extra 5 weeks !
As far as the 12 week processing time that also seems ridiculous, the government needs to make a lot more effort to get things rolling to get the economy somewhat back to normal.
if my passport doesn’t arrive in time it’s no big deal but lots of folks need to travel for business and for them it can be a VERY big problem !

View attachment 386794
I got this notice from m=one of our Senators a week ago.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
6 months isn't valid enough??

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
6 months isn't valid enough??
The given (lame) reason when I inquired from the border agaent was that you are allowed to stay for up to six months on a "visit"w/o a visa or permit and as such you could then out stay your passport validity.

Reactions: Shmoo

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
Passport expiry date 'issue' is for both directions.

Part 2 of the 'lame' reason is the possibility that when arriving at the border at the end of the fully legal no-visa visit that the home country re-entry may be a problem without a valid passport.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts