GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Passport expiry date 'issue' is for both directions.

Part 2 of the 'lame' reason is the possibility that when arriving at the border at the end of the fully legal no-visa visit that the home country re-entry may be a problem without a valid passport.
Yes, that was exactly what he was advising about but it's rather obvious when someone (or group) is entering for a three/four day fishing trip with appropriate gear they are not intending to make a six month visit out of the deal.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I get it. They make rules because people don't follow the rules...like ensuring you have a valid passport for the duration you're out of your home country.

·
Premium Member
4,333 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Honda Shadow, 2016 Yamaha FJR1300
45 Posts
Justin - don't quote me, but I think we are 'free' to go to the US, however, when we come back to Canada there are testing rules, quarantining rules, etc we would have to still follow... or at least there were.. back about 2/3 months ago... Rules/things change on the daily so it's hard to keep track.

·
Registered
21,258 Posts
Checked today and the patent office has cashed my check mailed to them over 6 weeks ago so hopefully my new passport will be arriving soon.

·
Premium Member
4,333 Posts
Not according to the news report earlier tonight.

(of course it may have been announced, but not soon enough for the report I saw, or it may be an announcement coming that is 'pending')
Latest is that the US is not willing to commit to a date.

Reactions: Farmguy

·
Registered
638 Posts
Seeing multiple news reports that to enter Canada you will need to take a Covid test before you enter along with proof of vaccination.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Seeing multiple news reports that to enter Canada you will need to take a Covid test before you enter along with proof of vaccination.
Yes, the article that I read (which is a lot more reliable than something we "hear") said that the current plan was that you would need a negative Covid test within 72 hrs of applying for border entry. Lots of logistics to hurdle there with that requirement time wise.
Also indicated that persons would need a phone app to send the proof of vaccination and test result.

Reactions: Tonik

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
With the reported surge of the Delta variant, I'll be surprised if the border opens very wide.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts