GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone would supply me with the version 2.30 of the gupdate.gcd file?
I want to upgrade my firmware.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Anyone would supply me with the version 2.30 of the gupdate.gcd file?
I want to upgrade my firmware.
I think I need a GPS firmware up grade as well. Was using my GPS alot the past while on my 2010 and it was telling me to turn here and there...there was NO ROAD...only a farmers field...! Twice it happened where it was in a town and told me to turn at street that was not there...it was a school football field...and the school has been there for at least 10 years...!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Firmware for Canadian is 2.21.

Firmware 2.30 is for european models. Unless you want to fildle with your firmware, I suggest waiting for something else or get the american firmware

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think I need a GPS firmware up grade as well. Was using my GPS alot the past while on my 2010 and it was telling me to turn here and there...there was NO ROAD...only a farmers field...! Twice it happened where it was in a town and told me to turn at street that was not there...it was a school football field...and the school has been there for at least 10 years...!
That is not unusual with the Garmin maps and the logic on our units.
Mine once told me to go down a highway up ramp at night. Good thing that I was close to home and knew the road.
Hopefully, the new firmware and map that may be coming out next month will improve performance.

If you want a fun experience, try using the Garmin MetroGuide maps. They work but you may need an ATV to ride the route it sends you on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts