GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately I have to cancel my plans for Hal's barbeque. I have to go to New Jersey and will not be back in time to make it to North Carolina.

I was looking forward to seeing everybody again and meet some new friends but that will have to wait until the next rally.

Have fun and thank you, Hal, for the barbeque. It would have been nice to see you again.

Roy

·
Registered
824 Posts
what on earth are you coming to Joisey for???

Melissa

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately it's not a pleasure trip. (Not that any trip to Joisy is a pleasure trip). :wink:

I have an uncle that has been battling cancer and finally and mercifully gave up the fight.

I will stay after the funeral to be with my parents, especially my father who is poor health. I figure to be there a couple weeks.

Who knows, I probably will make a run to the Dawgs to see my Sweetheart if she's not still in California.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Sorry to hear. Guess that means more Crater Lake for me! 8)

·
Registered
692 Posts
Roy,
Sorry to hear about your uncle, have a safe trip to jersey. If you stop up at Dawg's place while up north, tell him I will see him in Lancaster at the end of the month.
Roy, take care.
Dennis

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks George. We really need to talk about this Crater Lake.

Dawg, a little birdie told me Meesh is leaving tomorrow for 10 days. I won't bother you on a day you need to travel to the airport, but I will certainly call in the next day or so.

Thanks Dennis. I was looking forward to showing off your hitch rack, but that will wait for another day.

Thank you all for the kind words and PM's.

Roy

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I will be in Orlando Wednesday. When do you head north?

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your killing me. I'm leaving Tuesday morning.

:cry:

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Sorry about your loss Roy. Are you riding up?

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bnordt said:
Sorry about your loss Roy. Are you riding up?
Thanks for kind words. Unfortunately I will driving my PT Cruiser. I have too much to bring and I am not prepared to take the bike on such short notice. Especially since I seemed to have developed a battery problem. It seems to want to die after it sits for a few days. I just don't have the time to deal with it right now.

So the riding will have to wait for another trip.

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
Roy - sorry to hear of your loss.

I was looking forward to seeing you again. Not sure what I'll do with the extra beer I was bringing along................ :wink:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Hedo said:
I was looking forward to seeing you again. Not sure what I'll do with the extra beer I was bringing along................ :wink:
AHEM.....lol :beer3:

Roy...sorry to hear of your loss. Have a safe trip and I'll cover for you.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I will be thinking about you and your family. Be careful in Joisey. I guess you already know it is a pretty rough place to hang out :wink: :wink: :wink:

Sorry to hear we will not see you at the BBQ.

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
I for one would have felt much safer with an EMT in the parking lot in case someone needed revived. I'll be careful, you do likewise.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
SORRY TO HERE ABOUT YOUR UNCLE ROY. WHERE ABOUT IN JERSEY ARE YOU GOING TO BE AT? IF YOU HAVE SOME FREE TIME ON A FRIDAY OR SATURDAY NITE WE CAN GET TOGETTER AND SEE SOLSQUEST TRY TO PLAY SOME MUSCI (LOL).

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Roy, sorry to hear about your uncle. Please give my condolences to the rest of the family.

Take care
Dep

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you to all for all the kind words. Sorry this is a late post but it has been a hectic week and this is the first chance I have had to sign on. It gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling to read the replies from all my friends here on the board. Thank you very much.

I am currently in West Milford in the Northwestern part of NJ. I drove up in my cage but would still love to meet with some riders. Sassy has mentioned a place in Newton where they might ride to, so hopefully we can get together. I would love go and listen to Floyd play. That would be great.

And Polecat, I am sure if some one needs it, you can give them mouth to mouth. Good luck with that. :wink:

Roy

1 - 20 of 32 Posts