GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode home from work this evening and was putting my bike up. Put the kick stand down and let go of the bike.:22yikes: Next thing I know it is laying on the crash bars. I could not believe I it. I thought I had the kick stand all the way down, but I guess I was not paying good enough attention. :shrug: Two years, 24,250 miles and I drop it in the garage.:cry:

Bright side to this is I got to practice lifting the bike.....only damage I could see was a couple of small scrape marks on the bottom of the crash bars and my ego.

I guess the reason for this post is just to remind everyone to make sure the kick stand is all the way down before you let loose of your bike. It goes down in the blink of an eye.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No engine was not running....I all ways back it into the garage after it has been turned off. Have to watch my PMT.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Inside the garage??? No one saw you???

Well then it didn't happen....that's my story...;)

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Unfortunately, if nobody was watching all this take place, you have to do a do over if you want credit for it.

Welcome to the club. Now that you have this over with, you can move into bigger and better things....LOL

Bulldog

·
Registered
356 Posts
Ya I thought if no one sees you, it didn't really happen. That's why I can unequivocally state I have never dropped any bike I ever owned. :shrug:

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Always a good idea to function check these things every now and then. Only a brused ego, thats pretty good. :congrats:

·
Registered
373 Posts
If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there to hear it, does it make any sound?

If no one witnessed the deed, you gotta do it again while others are around.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Welcome to the club! I dropped mine after pulling off at a pullout. Don't know why just fell over, bad thing was I had a witness. Don't worry about it, I think it happens more than most will admit.

·
Registered
45 Posts
A 25 year veteran motorcycle cop once told me there are two kinds of bikers.

Those who have laid it down ... and those who will :shock:

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
I drop mine a couple times without checking if the side stand was down all the way.

After a while you'll find yourself checking and double checking even before leaning the bike.

Funny with all the other warning lights Honda has on those Goldwings,
they never put a side stand warning light on them somewhere.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Welcome to the club. I dropped my 1500 and it caught a corner of the house and took off a very expensive mirror. 2 kinds of bikers-those that have dropped the bike and then those that WILL.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Dropped it one time. Pulled to the side on a small canyon road and stopped while fighting a stupid dragon fly that just happened to decide he wanted to share my helmet with me. Road slanted down to the left, right foot on brake, put my left foot down while franticaly trying to get my helmet off ( I hate those big ole bugs!) and the road was no wheres near my leg length. Next thing I knew I had hit the ground and rolled down hill into the middle of the road. Gf was still sitting on the bike while it was on its side :lol: :lol:
After I stood up the dang dragonfly flew out of my helmet all on it's own. Guess he had had enough. Yea that will teach um :roll:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome to the club.

I became a member within an hour after I picked my bike up from the dealer. I asked the dealer how to put it up on the center stand but I didn't ask how to take it off. So the first time I took it off I wasn't sitting on the bike and it began to tip away from me. There was sand under my feet and as the bike tipped it pulled me along with it. It went over in super slow motion - no damage to the bike at all. My ego - that's another story. :eek:4:

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
1 - 20 of 85 Posts