GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New paint for the 2012 Candy Alizarin Red, R-345, is not available. So, if you're considering color matching any part, you may want to reconsider.

My parts were sanded, primed, and ready to paint when the painter called me about the paint codes not coming up in the system. I contacted the dealership and they don't know when the paint will be available. The painter is going to color match based on a painted part, plus a book of 'Candy' colors. The cowl, dash, and engine side covers are not side by side with any other red part, so if the color is not 'perfect', it probably won't be noticable. The rear panel is a different story being between the 2 fenders. If it's a little off, we'll repaint it when the color becomes available.

Just wanted to let you know, in case you're planning on painting.

·
Co-Sponsor
444 Posts
Matching the color should not be a problem if they know what they are doing. Like ours any good shop should be able to come up with the color

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They called me down a little while ago to check/approve their selection mix; I couldn't tell any difference. They have an elaborate paint mixing setup, but can't mix the paint themselves; they have to request it from an automotive type paint store. According to them, and they told me this when they painted the '04 cowl, it's a 3 stage painting process with 3 separate and different paints applied with numerous coats each. I don't know the specifics, but the cowl on the '04 was dead on.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts