GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is going on with the folks running this Forum. You're going to self destruct in time here. First the "Forum" Button keeps delivering 404 Codes (URL doesn't exist) and now you can't edit a Post. When The <Edit> button is selected the Edit Screen appears but it is completely blank. There's nothing to edit. This has been going on now for over 24 hours. Com'n guys, ya gotta get with the program here. Short term, it's no big deal, but over time your base will suffer enough attrition that your new subscribers won't match it . . . and you'll go down the big swirly of the Blog World!

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
What is going on with the folks running this Forum. You're going to self destruct in time here. First the "Forum" Button keeps delivering 404 Codes (URL doesn't exist)
and now you can't edit a Post. When The <Edit> button is selected the Edit Screen appears but it is completely blank.
There's nothing to edit. This has been going on now for over 24 hours. Com'n guys, ya gotta get with the program here. Short term, it's no big deal, but over time your base will suffer enough attrition that your new subscribers won't match it . . . and you'll go down the big swirly of the Blog World!
That happens to me about 75% of the time.. no matter if I try and edit it immediately or even a few days later.. once you get the blank page trying to edit it seems like it never will load it again.

similar:
Also, be sure and save your post before you click "Preview".. sometimes the compose page will go blank after viewing the Preview page..

Dennis

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wingwing: "Also, be sure and save your post before you click "Preview".. sometimes the compose page will go blank after viewing the Preview page."

Yup, I've had that happen as well.

·
Registered
9,112 Posts
I've experienced the "edit" issue one time. It was frustrating. I ended up copying my post, clicking the "edit" button, pasting it back in the dialog box, making my edit and then saving it. From then on, I had no issue with that post. Sadly, I haven't been able to duplicate the problem.

If I do experience it again, I'll see what I can do and talk with the server admin.

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
I've experienced the "edit" issue one time. It was frustrating. I ended up copying my post, clicking the "edit" button, pasting it back in the dialog box, making my edit and then saving it. From then on, I had no issue with that post. Sadly, I haven't been able to duplicate the problem.

If I do experience it again, I'll see what I can do and talk with the server admin.
Bart, I trust you without reservation.. if you want, I'll give you my sign/on log in and you can see it fail if you log on as me and check my post about http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?437201-trollology-%85-the-study-of-sadistic-pleasure

.. I can't edit that and it's repeatable..

Dennis

·
Registered
549 Posts
Did the admins change the edit timer? Most forums don't allow an indefinite time frame to edit posts, but rather limit it to a few hours or days.
From a forum owners perspective (I was one at one time) it makes sense, this way disgruntled members can't go back and delete all their old posts and pics. It is assumed that anything you post in a public forum becomes the forum owners property.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
What is going on with the folks running this Forum. You're going to self destruct in time here. First the "Forum" Button keeps delivering 404 Codes (URL doesn't exist) and now you can't edit a Post. When The <Edit> button is selected the Edit Screen appears but it is completely blank. There's nothing to edit. This has been going on now for over 24 hours. Com'n guys, ya gotta get with the program here. Short term, it's no big deal, but over time your base will suffer enough attrition that your new subscribers won't match it . . . and you'll go down the big swirly of the Blog World!
That happens to me about 75% of the time.. no matter if I try and edit it immediately or even a few days later.. once you get the blank page trying to edit it seems like it never will load it again.

similar:
Also, be sure and save your post before you click "Preview".. sometimes the compose page will go blank after viewing the Preview page..

Dennis
Same thing happens to me. Not every time, but often enough to be quite irritating. I also do not like that the "Reply" button and "Reply to Thread" button now takes you into a Quick Reply box. Cant they quit messin' with stuff?

·
Registered
9,112 Posts
Hang in there guys, Dennis gave me a good example of the editing post issue. I've sent an email to the server admin to see if we can go back to the old way of posting and get a resolution on the editing posts issue.

I'll let you know as soon as I hear something.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Hang in there guys, Dennis gave me a good example of the editing post issue. I've sent an email to the server admin to see if we can go back to the old way of posting and get a resolution on the editing posts issue.

I'll let you know as soon as I hear something.
Fantastic! Thanks Bartman. :clap2: No good reason I can see not to go back to the old way of posting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts