GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know what Im doing wrong. I have itunes and tried to send songs to the Iway. It puts a folder on it but no songs when you hit it. Then I tried burning the songs to a disc then tried to put them on the Iway. It did the same thing. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
918 Posts
I have iTunes also, but all my music was "ripped" to mp3's and then added to iTunes. I think by default iTunes uses a different format. So even if you copy music from iTunes to the iWay it isn't going work because it only plays mp3s, unless they were orginally added from mp3 files.

I copy my music from my original music folders, not from iTunes.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
The iWay manual says it will only play .mp3 or .ogg files.

David M.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I tried moving music from my Jazz CD's into the iWay500 but I am not having any success being able to listen to them. I can listen to the sampe tunes that are built into the unit.

I suspect I am not doing something correctly. Do I have to convert the CD music to an mp3 format for it to work? I have no idea what/how to do this kind of thing. :? :? :?

Can anyone suggest what might work for me? Thanks

Todd

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
If you're using a Windows PC, you can use Windows Media Player to 'rip' the music CD to MP3 format. I store mine locally on the computer first and then copy the folders to the iWay.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I also do as Jon does.Use windows media player and load to computer. I have found that the music sometimes does not show until you reboot the Iway.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Jon and Coachman, thank you very much. I had an idea that I may need to convert the CD music before trying to load it into the iWay, but did not know exactly what/how to do. Will give it a try and "attempt" to remember to do a follow up post.

I appreciate your help. :) Ride safely always. :)

Todd

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
We do the conversions using software provided with the stand-alone mp3 players. Works well.

David M.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
David M. said:
We do the conversions using software provided with the stand-alone mp3 players. Works well.

David M.
I do not have an mp3 player and know nothing about them. Do you think I need to come into the 21st century :?: :roll: :oops: I don't believe any of my three children have them either. :shock:

Todd

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Then Media Player.

·
Registered
252 Posts
iWay Mp3 Player

As an alternative to using the media player, there are many free MP3 converters that you can download and install.

Go to www.download.com and do a search on mp3 converter. You will be given several options that you can download to convert just about any format to MP3.

I have used "Free Mp3 Wma Converter 1.4" and it works well

Here is a link to the cnet dowload for this converter.

http://www.download.com/Free-Mp3-Wma-Co ... lstpop-0-5

I hope this helps

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Re: iWay Mp3 Player

klbj1961 said:
As an alternative to using the media player, there are many free MP3 converters that you can download and install.

Go to www.download.com and do a search on mp3 converter. You will be given several options that you can download to convert just about any format to MP3.

I have used "Free Mp3 Wma Converter 1.4" and it works well

Here is a link to the cnet dowload for this converter.

http://www.download.com/Free-Mp3-Wma-Co ... lstpop-0-5

I hope this helps

Barry, YES it does help. Thank you for that wonderful information! :D I appreciate your continued support. 8)

Todd

1 - 12 of 12 Posts