GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I bought the lift tried it under the bike catching just a a part of the center stand lifted it up but the front tire was still on the ground back tire was off the ground a couple of inch. Tried it a couple other place but can not get it just right seems like it wants to hit the exhaust pipe if I move more forward. If I move it backward on to the center stand it still is not quite right so how are you all doing it??/ Any good pictures would help

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product. ... Cookie=Yes

Maybe I will have to get the Harbor freight ramp instead.

Thanks

Jamie

·
Registered
609 Posts
the best way to get the lift under the beast ,is get a peice of 2x10" wood and roll the front or rear wheel on top of it. I find it easlier to place the wood under the front wheel ,so you will not have to lay on floor for rear wheel.
when it time to lower the lift,do it slow, so you wil know where the front will land on wood. you might have move the peice of wood to center of tire.
a peice of cake !!!
edmund

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Re: Can't get the Sears Aluminum ATV Cycle lift just right

jamie said:
OK I bought the lift tried it under the bike catching just a a part of the center stand lifted it up but the front tire was still on the ground back tire was off the ground a couple of inch. Tried it a couple other place but can not get it just right seems like it wants to hit the exhaust pipe if I move more forward. If I move it backward on to the center stand it still is not quite right so how are you all doing it??/ Any good pictures would help

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product. ... Cookie=Yes

Maybe I will have to get the Harbor freight ramp instead.

Thanks

Jamie
If you got that yellow jack, that is a piece of crap. I bought that one and it did the same thing. It wouldn't even lift the front off the ground so I took it back for a refund..........The jack was swaying back end up front end on the ground.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a bike minus the whole front end sitting on the Sears yellow jack right now. No problemo'

·
Registered
900 Posts
I had the same problem as Road Hog with the aluminum jack....
The lifting arms wouldn't lift evenly as the back end of the bike would be much higher than the front.
I returned it and bought the cheaper jack, no problems at all.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
deucalion said:
I had the same problem as Road Hog with the aluminum jack....
The lifting arms wouldn't lift evenly as the back end of the bike would be much higher than the front.
I returned it and bought the cheaper jack, no problems at all.
I think I'll try that cheaper one. Is that the red/black one?

·
Registered
877 Posts
My bike on the other Sears lift. If my memory serves me right, I do recall that the rear comes up first and eventually the front comes up. I remember being somewhat concerned about that but it works out ok. I didn't have the tie downs on in these pictures as I was just trying out the jack.

Hey, Jamie, is Grant, MN like the Grant thats by Stillwater. If so, that makes us neighbors.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HAWK said:
Hey, Jamie, is Grant, MN like the Grant thats by Stillwater. If so, that makes us neighbors.

Hey Hawk that is correct wher abouts are you I live of Hwy 96 and Jamaca
And thanks for the pictures I will try the jack again but not sure still migh just get the Harbor freight ramp GFive me a call if ya want you can show me what I am doing wrong...

Jamie

651-429-9445

·
Registered
598 Posts
I have the yellow aluminum Craftsman jack and it works just fine for me. It does start lifting the front just a little before the rear but that isn't a problem as I lift it high enough that both ends are well off the ground to work on it.

(could be the jack is prejudice and only works well on Yellow ones :lol: :shock: :lol: )

Paul H.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts