GL1800Riders Forums banner

Can't have both lights and wind deflectors, ****!

2K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  hojo in SC 
#1 ·
I had the Honda brand wind deflectors installed before I took delivery and they seem to work fine. But I just asked my wrench friend to install Denali LEDs using the Denali mount and learned that, well, you can't have both lights and wind deflectors.

But I want both:crying:

I already have the LED fog lights but want to shoot more light further down the road, which means I do not want fork-mounted lights. Does anyone have any solutions? Please?

Thanks,

John

#11 ·
Thanks, Guys . . .

The deflectors are gone, the lights are on—Denali D4s.

Maybe some day there will be a mounting solution but until then I deem the additional lights much more important than wind management. Check back with me when it’s 22 degrees with sleet and snow . . .

. . . wait a minute, I live in SoCal!

#12 ·
#13 ·
Changed mind again. I just decided that the wings are really important, too, so I axed the Denali pair. I do have the LED fog lights and, as you all know, the stock headlights are super bright both low and high beams.

If some outfit someday dreams up a suitable mount I'll be on it.

Thanks for all your comments.

#14 · (Edited)
Changed mind again. I just decided that the wings are really important, too, so I axed the Denali pair. I do have the LED fog lights and, as you all know, the stock headlights are super bright both low and high beams.

If some outfit someday dreams up a suitable mount I'll be on it.

Thanks for all your comments.
John, Good choice.:smile2:

#21 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.