GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about everybody else but I'm ready for the cool, fall weather! This oppressive summer has sure made me look forward to rides through the mountains in the fall and winter....cant wait to see the leaves change..always amazing here in the fall...wheres everybody's favorite place to ride in East, TN? I live in the Cleveland area and like to hit the Tellico moutains, Ocoee, and I go through North GA alot....looking for some new spots too.

Looking for some rallys/rides to go to this fall too, what's some good ones? :doorag:

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
:thumbup:

really looking forward to Oct and some "fall" riding and camping..
.."base" will be near Tellico Plains..

Dennis

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Fall is always my favorite time of year, and after this summer I am looking forward to it more than ever. I do a fall ride ever year in October on the southern end of the Blue Ridge, but around tellico, the Smokies and Townsend area are my favorite areas, also riding up into Kentucky is nice too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the riding suggestions guys! Fall is going to be great this year. My wife can't wate till it drops below 50 degrees so we can break out the heaters.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
There are many good roads going up into Kentucky and Virginia from Northern TN. I like 154 through Pickett State Park, 200 through Forbus, KY92 from Pine Knot to Monticello (stop on the square at the City Pool Hall for a burger), Cumberland Gap, TN70 going North from Rogersville, and many others. Check with Whimpyhonda, Boxmaker, TN Charlie, etc. for their Friday rides. They know them all.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
There are many good roads going up into Kentucky and Virginia from Northern TN. I like 154 through Pickett State Park, 200 through Forbus, KY92 from Pine Knot to Monticello (stop on the square at the City Pool Hall for a burger), Cumberland Gap, TN70 going North from Rogersville, and many others. Check with Whimpyhonda, Boxmaker, TN Charlie, etc. for their Friday rides. They know them all.

I took the ride to Pickett State Park today, then up to Monticello over to Pine Knot and Williamsburg, then back home. Very nice ride, Thanks for the tip. I will have to go back when the leaves change. :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts