GL1800Riders Forums banner

Canton Georgia Honda Powerhouse

971 views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  g1nomad 
#1 ·
They've got an airbag model, Black Cherry. They're trying for full retail but I think they'd work it a bit. I guess it's an '06 but I'm not sure.

They also have Metzelers for us.

I'm not really endorsing them until I get to know them better but they're the closest dealer to me and I had a rear E3 mounted there last night.
No wobble with Metzelers going in; slight wobble coming out. Joy. :?

#3 ·
Arn Butt Bill said:
They also have Metzelers for us.

I'm not really endorsing them until I get to know them better but they're the closest dealer to me and I had a rear E3 mounted there last night.
No wobble with Metzelers going in; slight wobble coming out. Joy. :?
Oh joy joy!!!

And surprise suprise, that another Metzler tire has resulted in a wobble.

Is anyone starting to catch on? Thank goodness that this dealer took care of the problem.

I bought mine on a cross country trip and I'm still trying to get Metzler to replace even one of the set.

I'm on E3's now and no wobble, no problems.

I got 700 miles out of my Metzlers', before a dangerous wobble, between 25 and 50 mph with hands on the bars, required their replacement.

I'm happy for all of you that have had good luck with Metzler tires, mine was all bad.

#4 ·
I went in there with Metzelers and was not wobbling at all.
I left with an E3 and a little decel wobble...
Sorry about your Metzeler experiences.

Don,
All the red's are about the same. It was some kind of rich dark red, not candy or fire engine. Black cherry-ish.

Just letting people know that there's an airbag unit available. I've never cared what color bike I rode; when I'm riding I don't see the painted parts.

G
#5 ·
I've got a endorsement for you. DON'T buy their PIT-PASS. The sales force will tell you one thing and the service department will tell you another. I bought a 3 year, unlimited mileage, unlimited visits on 4000 mile intervals. Now it became 3 year, unlimited mileage, 6 visits.

I know I got my $1000 back out of them, but, that's why I was convinced when I was talked into the PIT-PASS.

It's really the only problem I have with them.

Their wing mechanic is TOP notch, it's just who he works for........

#6 ·
ahajr said:
I've got a endorsement for you. DON'T buy their PIT-PASS. The sales force will tell you one thing and the service department will tell you another. I bought a 3 year, unlimited mileage, unlimited visits on 4000 mile intervals. Now it became 3 year, unlimited mileage, 6 visits.

I know I got my $1000 back out of them, but, that's why I was convinced when I was talked into the PIT-PASS.

It's really the only problem I have with them.

Their wing mechanic is TOP notch, it's just who he works for........
I never heard of the Pitpass. What's that --- prepaid service?
I've got almost 70,000 miles on an '04 and I've only had dealer service once except for tire installs.

#7 ·
Arn Butt Bill said:
I never heard of the Pitpass. What's that --- prepaid service?
My dealership currently offers for 6 services for $1299.00

My Goldwing had an unlimited for life by the prior owner. It was around
$1000, can't remember exactly. I am anticipating being told that the
"life" expires at a certain time. I just got my 28,000 done, and I DO
expect my 32,000 valve inspection-adjustment to be done also.

My Kawasaki 2000 (2054cc) doesn't ever need valve adjustments, and it
doesn't have a chain (belt), so I think I'd actually lose money spending that
much on 6 services.

Herb

P.S. I also think my dealership is a great Goldwing shop. They follow the
book on manufacturers suggested procedures.

#8 ·
6 services, hmmm. No mileage or time limit?
Include parts?
It would be worth it just for the 32K services. Oil, filter, air filter, valve adjustment, final drive oil, brake fluid, clutch fluid, coolant, lube/adjust throttle cables, etc.

#9 ·
Arn Butt Bill said:
Include parts?
It would be worth it just for the 32K services. Oil, filter, air filter, valve adjustment, final drive oil, brake fluid, clutch fluid, coolant, lube/adjust throttle cables, etc.
I have only had to pay for brake pads with 1 hour labor. Nothing else.
All filters, fluids and scratches included. :lol:

#10 ·
Don Swanburg said:
That's not Black Cherry.

If it's an air bag, it's a late 06 or an early 07.

An 06 is called Dark Red and an 07 is called a Dark Red Metalic.

The Candy Black Cherry stopped after 05, and IMHO is a prettier color.

If I am wrong, someone please correct me.
That's correct....the '05 Candy Dark Cherry is the prettiest color.

Steve

#11 ·
Bill,
I bought my '05 'wing from MotoSpors Honda in Canton. They were okay then, but didn't give me as good a price as I would have gotten from Lawrenceville Honda. But since they're close I gave them a try. Cost me another $500 for the privilege of doing business with them.
Had one service issue with the '05, and they handled it fine. It was under warranty.

Went in a couple of months ago to look at a used '05. Asked for the price and the salesperson flips out a clipboard and tells me he has to get my name and address info before he can give me a price. Thought he was kidding, but he kept insisting, until I insisted on a manager. Once the manager came out, we dealt a little, no problem. But what a stupid idea!

When I bought my '03 a few weeks back (not from them), I took it in for Metzelers, as MotoSporst were the only ones that had them (or any tires). I had gotten a pretty good price quote over the phone from parts, but when I picked the bike up they tried to charge me much higher prices than they quoted on the phone. It took me two hours to get out of there that evening, and I still paid more than I should have for the tires.

The next week I called them about getting the windscreen repaired (it won't lower back from the highest position). I literally was on hold for the service dept for over an hour. I was working on the pc at the time, so I put the phone on speaker and worked away, figuring someone would pick up sooner or later. When they finally picked up the phone to say they were closing, they told me they could repair it under warranty, that it would take about an hour, and to come in during the week. The conversation lasted all of 1 minute...

I've called them twice since then and left a message that I wanted to order a vent for a windshield; they haven't returned my call.

The parts girl told me the dealership was recently sold. The new owners appear to be having some personnel problems, as reflected in my experiences of late. I sure hope they get it worked out, because at this point, I'm seriously thinking about driving to Lawrenceville for service. And for those of you that know Atlanta, that's a heckuva drive!

Naturally, your results may vary...

#12 ·
ANut said:
I'm seriously thinking about driving to Lawrenceville for service. And for those of you that know Atlanta, that's a heckuva drive!
I had some not-so-good experiences at Honda of Lawrenceville. Price for tires there was about $175 more than I paid at Howell Cycle. Tried to warranty the suspension that wasn't working (stuck antidive and inop rear preload adjuster) and they said it was normal wear&tear.
I wouldn't go back there.
Canton Honda is just so darn close... ...I've got my fingers crossed.

G
#13 ·
Include parts?

Yep, Thats why I bought it.

It's a shame they are going the route they are taking, because I really do like and trust their wing mechanic.

#14 ·
g1nomad said:
Arn Butt Bill said:
Include parts?
I have only had to pay for brake pads with 1 hour labor. Nothing else.
All filters, fluids and scratches included. :lol:
Herb, The fairing panel on the left side (with HL adj knob) on my Wing had something spilled on it a few weeks back, at our dealer, that has stained the panel. They said they would replace it but I havent seen it yet. Gary's a bit slow with that stuff I've found out. Took 2 months to get a new keyfob replaced when mine died. Im going to be over there today to pick up the SO's new toy (599)

#15 ·
JustusinGA said:
Im going to be over there today to pick up the SO's new toy (599)
Hey, that is terrific. I assume you are speaking of the naked Honda bike.
I like the ergonomics of those. Myrtle Beach is going on now. That would
be a nice break-in for it. :lol:

JustusinGA said:
Took 2 months to get a new keyfob replaced when mine died.
So you used just a key? That would be irritating. I am still using the
same keyfob from 2003? You need to get a back-up for that. The sell the
keyfob cheap on ebay. They are for CRV's, but they work for the
Goldwing. We purchased one years ago at a rally, but haven't used it in
sometime.

Herb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.