GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't pass up the 60 degree sunny day so about 2pm I headed out from the house and went to Canyon Lake and Tortilla Flats. Highway 88 ends about 6-8 miles East of the Tortilla Flats Cafe but it's got some very good twisties on those 6-8 miles. I"m not YellowWolf so don't flame me cause I go SOOOO slow on the Twisties.. To me.. it's fast enough and still avoid damaging my $19,000 toy!

This link will take you to my videos page where I'm going to start putting my ride videos that I shoot. The quality is much better than shown because I compressed them to get a good bandwidth/play rate for you.

http://www.thewingzone.org/MCRideVideos.html

I had my video camera installed on the left engine guard and the $99 Oregon Scientific ATC2K camera (uses SD cards) on the right engine guard. I will be adding the ATC2K videos either tonight or tomorrow.

EDIT: added one clip from the ATC2K camera.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,843 Posts
Don't let Matt fool you he does well enough. Also what he doesn't say is this road skirts the Superstition Mountains and is just beautiful. The road is also called the Apache Trail. Unfortunately it is usually full of folks doing 25 and cops. I usually find it great very early in the morning where you get to the flats just as the cafe opens. Then you can usually turn it loose :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oldguy said:
Don't let Matt fool you he does well enough. Also what he doesn't say is this road skirts the Superstition Mountains and is just beautiful. The road is also called the Apache Trail. Unfortunately it is usually full of folks doing 25 and cops. I usually find it great very early in the morning where you get to the flats just as the cafe opens. Then you can usually turn it loose :D
Yea.. I do well enough I guess.. and it was a good ride. I tell the spousal Unit all the time that I like riding cause I can relax and forget about the crap that's bouncing around in my head about work etc. I always feel more relaxed after a nice ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,252 Posts
My computer says I do not have some vid thingy for the Quick time. Can not watch the vids



you need to watch that area. I got a performance report 2 yrs and 1 day ago... :lol:

I now qualify for a day in school IF I receive another performance report in AZ.

I am usually two up on the Hwy 88 road , so I ride mild through there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tony in AZ said:
My computer says I do not have some vid thingy for the Quick time. Can not watch the vids



you need to watch that area. I got a performance report 2 yrs and 1 day ago... :lol:

I now qualify for a day in school IF I receive another performance report in AZ.

I am usually two up on the Hwy 88 road , so I ride mild through there
Go to Apple.com and get quicktime. It can live peacefully with Microsofts Windows Media Player.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,633 Posts
mattcaswell said:
Go to Apple.com and get quicktime. It can live peacefully with Microsofts Windows Media Player.
Well, sort of. QT is one of those irritating programs which start up every boot whether you mark them to or not. I've not found a way, short of uninstalling QT, to prevent it from restarting every time. If anyone knows a way I'd love to know.....

P.S. Matt & other AZ riders......I'm baaaaack!!!!!! 8) Just did the deal for another Wing. Should be ready to terrorize Arizona's highways in two weeks or so.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,843 Posts
Good news LT. Looking forward to it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Landtuna said:
mattcaswell said:
Go to Apple.com and get quicktime. It can live peacefully with Microsofts Windows Media Player.
Well, sort of. QT is one of those irritating programs which start up every boot whether you mark them to or not. I've not found a way, short of uninstalling QT, to prevent it from restarting every time. If anyone knows a way I'd love to know.....

P.S. Matt & other AZ riders......I'm baaaaack!!!!!! 8) Just did the deal for another Wing. Should be ready to terrorize Arizona's highways in two weeks or so.
Great news! We'll be ready to ride!

matt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,252 Posts
Landtuna said:
P.S. Matt & other AZ riders......I'm baaaaack!!!!!! 8) Just did the deal for another Wing. Should be ready to terrorize Arizona's highways in two weeks or so.

Did you find a nice 1100 or 1200 Goldwing?


8)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,633 Posts
'03 ABS .......

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,843 Posts
Nice bike, too bad about the color though. :D :D :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,633 Posts
oldguy said:
Nice bike, too bad about the color though. :D :D :D
That's what I used to think too but after seeing several on the road, particularily those decked out with some custom pinstripes, they look really good! And they are visible - a nice-to-have in the land of the brain dead cagers!!! Yellow also doesn't show dirt or scratches like the darker colors.

In truth, I would have gone for another Candy Orange if I could have found one as nice as Norm's bike. But now I can ride tail-gunner and Caswell will know nobody got lost, eh? 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,843 Posts
As you know I was just funnin with ya, however, I too have come to like the candy orange once I got a close look at it. Certainly you can see the yellow. I was disappointed with the new gold color. I think it blends in and is almost invisible in traffic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
That looked like fun. I would definitly look for that road if I was riding through the area. Looked like you stayed on your side as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Blind Yak said:
That looked like fun. I would definitly look for that road if I was riding through the area. Looked like you stayed on your side as well.
It is a fun ride as long as you don't get stuck behind some cager lookie loo! Sometimes you just gotta pull over and wait for the slow people to get up ahead of you.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top