GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
It might be useful to keep from overheating the phone on the motorcycle!!!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
It might be useful to keep from overheating the phone on the motorcycle!!!
I just open the cubby while I ride from time to time and it cools it off. never had anything fly out of there. never had it shut down

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does anyone know/have a picture of what the cubby looks like and how much clearance there is under it? I wonder if wrapping the box from the bottom in "Dynamat" (Stick on sound and heat foiled sheets) would reduce the heat in the compartment in general (it is just plain old hot!!!!)? I had my phone shut down yesterday with WAZE running and it was using so much power it wasn't keeping up with the charge on my 7s iPhone.

Post a pic if you can....I'll do some searching.

Dundertaker

·
Registered
271 Posts
Does anyone know/have a picture of what the cubby looks like and how much clearance there is under it? I wonder if wrapping the box from the bottom in "Dynamat" (Stick on sound and heat foiled sheets) would reduce the heat in the compartment in general (it is just plain old hot!!!!)? I had my phone shut down yesterday with WAZE running and it was using so much power it wasn't keeping up with the charge on my 7s iPhone.

Post a pic if you can....I'll do some searching.

Dundertaker

The cubby does have a type of insulated shell already. There isn’t any room on the bottom to add anything else and sides are pretty tight also.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts