GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed the order the other day for my new trailer (http://www.carreplicatrailers.com/coupe_specs.html)
My question is where do you place your plates on the trailer? I looked at some post here (the search is a great tool) and several people said that they "made" a bracket. If you are one of them I would love to see a picture or two and some input on how you got a plate light. Thanks in advance for any help..

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
[SUB]If the trailer is being made, would not a tag bracket/light be part of it, since it is required by your state? I'd contact them.

Once you get it, please post some pics.[/SUB]

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[SUB]If the trailer is being made, would not a tag bracket/light be part of it, since it is required by your state? I'd contact them.

Once you get it, please post some pics
[/SUB]
The trailer is being made in AL and I live in IL. I am going to call today and see if there is something they can do. I will post pictures as soon as I get in. Hoping for the 1st of May.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Donnie Mardis is a good guy to do business with. Except for less than a year, he has always used top-notch painters. They are not the most technically advanced built m/c trailers on the market, but they be mighty damn good looking and spacious. I first met Donnie about 15 years ago while looking at a 1955 Chevrolet Nomad trailer he had that was color-matched to my then new 2000 GL1500 pearl white/pearl merced green SE. I just happened to run across my Hannigan 2 days later, and the rest is history.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Their photo gallery has one pic with a trailer plate, though not your model.

It looks like it would be very simple to put your standard left fender sort of trailer plate bracket on there, but that would take away significantly from the look you're going for. I understand different states have different sizes of plates, from regular car size to small to none required. That complicates the execution for the manufacturer a bit, but there's such a clear need as well as an opportunity to integrate it thematically into the design that this seems, to me, to be table stakes for the manufacturer. I would expect them to have a very solid answer(s) to this most fundamental question; if not, I'd wonder what else they're hand waving at or forgetting about.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Because you live in Ill, you can request a small trailer plate the same size as the bike plate. I think it would look nice to put the plate on the car, billett frames are available from CSC, that already have a built in light.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
We don't need a plate on trailers under 2,500# in Wisconsin.
I had this made for our trailer a few years ago

·
Registered
545 Posts
Plates in ND

We don't need plates here in ND neither but if you travel outside your state I think you need them. Why have a trailer if you not leaving your state? So I got one right away, nice thing with ND laws this plate can be used on any trailer of the same weight class, it's register to you not the trailer..

·
Registered
2,811 Posts

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
We don't need plates here in ND neither but if you travel outside your state I think you need them. Why have a trailer if you not leaving your state? So I got one right away, nice thing with ND laws this plate can be used on any trailer of the same weight class, it's register to you not the trailer..
Not true. You only need to satisfy you home state's laws.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts