GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
19,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No stirring. I like to ride motorcycles. I use motorcycle tires. If you have a car tire on the back and like to ride motorcycles well that's OK with me. Ride on brother. There are choices in life that is what makes it interesting and wonderful. So the biggest pot stirrer(me) says "LET RIDE!!!!!" :biker:

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I'm thinking of putting a tractor tire on the back. We all know tractors get real good traction and if ever get run off the road into a field, I'll be all set. I'll always be able to find a tractor tire even if I'm out the middle of nowhere surrounded by "Farms". :lol:

·
Registered
19,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I seem to remember a tractor tire posted with a lovely lady wearing a shirt saying "size matters"

·
Registered
224 Posts
Well I've got about 11,000 miles riding with a car tire on the back of my '04 Wing without any problems (or regrets) and will continue to do so as there will be no other tire mounted on my bike but a car tire.

·
Registered
103 Posts
lomax said:
Just to add to the fray, I have always assumed that they make car tires for cars and Motorcycle tires for Motorcycles. :shock: :lol:

Cheers.
Marc
Well they do,........That is for the "Wingers" that know how to Read.
biker1usa said:
Well I've got about 11,000 miles riding with a car tire on the back of my '04 Wing without any problems (or regrets) and will continue to do so as there will be no other tire mounted on my bike but a car tire.
You're my "Hero"........I don't care what anyone else says about you.
I think with all the :money1: we the "Darksiders" are saving, should take up a collection and have a raffle for a couple of Duncrap E3's.....
But I can hear a come-back from the "Peanut-Gallery"....."You Darksiders had better save your :money1: for Bandaids"........... :chatter:

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
No Blackbird, you cannot hear one you are hoping for one so you can continue to hear yourself talk (or post) If you have not noticed not many really care what you ride on. like I have said many times if all I did was ride the slab, then I would consider it, but I will not run one the way I ride at present. I personally find the pissing contest amusing.

So hear is your post for the peanut gallery. So bring it on.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Here is a little pic of a button I found somewhere in this world.

Can't remember where I found it, so I can not give proper credit.

I was going to save it for use by myself one day, but this is a good day for me to share.

It is not intended for anyone on this thread. The only thoughts that I have about Car tires on a bike, is as follows.

1. Not on my bike.

2. Don't ask us to mount one on your bike!

Bulldog

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I think the car tire threads are about to pass the oil and crush washer threads on here. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I still like the idea of a tractor tire though..... :wink: :wink:

Ross

·
Registered
103 Posts
Dive Master said:
No Blackbird, you cannot hear one you are hoping for one so you can continue to hear yourself talk (or post) I personally find the pissing contest amusing.
So hear is your post for the peanut gallery. So bring it on.
I agree whole heartedly that this topic has become so,........How can I say it,..."Who can Piss further, or "Man that water is cold, Yeah, and it's deep too"..........It get's kinda boring talking about the viscosity of oil, or how many miles you get to the gallon...........Yawn.
Opinions, as they are bouncing off the walls of this forum are amusing. Some are helpful, some are slanderous, some are based on nothing but fear, and some are based on stupidity............We all need to sit back and smile at the humor in this forum..........Because who knows, one day at a restaurant, a rally, or at Hooters, If I walked up to you and offered to buy you a drink, would you decline because of the type of tire I have on my ride. Well, that's what some of these replys from our emotional participants are sounding like......So according to you, quote "Bring it On"...I guess we need to step outside at high noon, take 10 paces and let our 6 shooters do the talking.............. :p
One last amusing observation........."As to hearing myself talk or (Post)...
Someone who's been on this forum just shy of 1 year, has posted ( 828 ) times. Myself just shy of 2 years has posted ( 29 )...........
I'd still like to buy you that Beer...........

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Hey Bulldog!

If you have more than one of those buttons, I want it!!!! Loved it, LMAO.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I don't post much here but I thought I would say this about the Car Tire issue.

It is all about $$

Anyone who puts a car tire on a motorcycle is a cheap A$$.

Why else would someone do it?

Back in the mid 50's the Harley I rode had tires with a cross section much like a car tire. It handled very bad in corners.

Go ahead and give excuses that $$ is not why you have decided to put a CT on your ride.

I agree with Bulldog, no CT for me on my Gold Wing.

Go ahead and flame me. (My thought ... read Bulldog's button on his post) I probably have more miles on a motorcycle that most of you on this board!

·
Registered
103 Posts
contrarian said:
I don't post much here but I thought I would say this about the Car Tire issue.

It is all about $$

Anyone who puts a car tire on a motorcycle is a cheap A$$.
Go ahead and flame me.
Dammit, I tried, I really tried not to bite on this one........But I'm weak.....Lol
On second thought, ( Contrarian ).......You're not even worth a response.....
Tom ( KAW7).....Buddy,........Count to 10, Take a deep breath, don't let Idiots like this get your goat.........Guys like this are probably ringers, come out of the shadows just to stir the flames........You Need to get on that 12 step program..."Just Say No to Idiots"............Get some sleep and go ride tomorrow.
I'm going to bed,.........
Night All..........Waking up early to ride the hills Sunday.

·
Registered
345 Posts
KA7W said:
Crash with a car tire on the bike and then see how much insurance will cover. The little money your saving now damn sure won't make up for what you will loose from a denied claim.
Lame, so very lame !!

How about,, Crash with modulated head light beams and then see how much insurance will cover

How about,, Crash with non OEM suspension and then see how much insurance will cover.

How about,, Crash with non Honda recommended oil in the crankcase and then see how much insurance will cover.

How about,, Crash with floorboards instead of the Honda pegs and then see how much insurance will cover...

I can go on and on

Lame, just plain lame !!

JMHO 8)

You may think it's lame but a good insurnace investagator will catch the use of a CT on a motorcycle and deny the claim and I bet any jury would find the rider to be at fault. Now I'm not bashing you are anyone else that uses a CT, I'm just pointing out a very big risk of not being covered in an accident. Hell, I believe in freedom of choice and if choose to put tank tracks on the damn thing, then go for it.

GaryO :)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts