GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Am going to try a car tire on my 04 Goldwing, Can I find out which ones are the best and web sites I can purchase one. Any information would be help full.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
They all work. IMO, the run flats are the safest and the 195-55-16 is the optimum size.

It's really a matter of choice which one you decide on. Pick a tread design you like and get it. Ignore the designations of Winter, Summer, high performance, etc. On the 1800 they are, basically, irrelevant.

Find any post by Murgie and near the bottom there will be a link to most info that you need or want about using a CT.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hang around here for a while and you'll learn a bunch about different car tires.

Great group of radical thinking people who have ridden lots of miles on those - GASP - car tires.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Welcome to our little corner of reality!

You are among friends and I think you'll notice that we don't waste much time arguing about which CT is "best" or "worst". There are several "favorites", and lots of reports from folks who try 'new & different' ones.
It's all just good information, offered among friends who have hundreds of thousands of miles of experience.

Happy hunting!

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
Don't forget to get your # an Decal....

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Your first tire huh? Well what ever one you choose I think you will be happy. One thing is for sure you will enjoy the new found smoothness and handling in the wet of a CT. It kinda your choice which tire you run it depends on what kind of riding you do. Guys that run the slab and do a lot of sight-seeing love the RF. Alot of the guyswho like to ride hard and tear up the twistys love the handling of the lighter NRF. Its up to you but no matter what you pick it will be safer:thumbup: Good Luck

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Can any one hook me up with a place to order a Kumho run flat tire, I think this is the one I want to try first. Great price if possible.
Thanks
LYNN
[email protected]
You can try your local tire shops or the many internet tire shops. I get a better deal from my local guy and no shipping:thumbup:. He also mounts it for nothing if I buy it from him. Can't help you with the best price on the Kuhmo I never bought one sorry :yes1:

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
...Guys that run the slab and do a lot of sight-seeing love the RF. Alot of the guyswho like to ride hard and tear up the twistys love the handling of the lighter NRF...

I am still taking my slab pounding, sight seeing courses. Once I finish those I plan on getting a Buick operators certificate.:lol:

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I am still taking my slab pounding, sight seeing courses. Once I finish those I plan on getting a Buick operators certificate.:lol:
Guess you know what I meant everyone doesn't have the talent a couple of you guys have. Me being one of them :-( So to make up a little of the differnce I use a NRF kinda like cheating HUH. LOL

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
I knew what you meant my friend..no harm no foul.:thumbup: But I still want my Buick certificate. Chuck owes me a charter member certificate. Chuck is like hit and run, he drives by, makes a post then disappears.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
GREAT! That's all I need. Next thing you know, I'll be handing over my old Buick driving blue hair mantle!:cry::cry::cry:

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I knew what you meant my friend..no harm no foul.:thumbup: But I still want my Buick certificate. Chuck owes me a charter member certificate. Chuck is like hit and run, he drives by, makes a post then disappears.
Yea kinda miss him :-( Don't have a Buick certificate but does Studabaker count? :tongue::tongue::tongue:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts