GL1800Riders Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
31,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was asked to make these a sticky for future reference .
Pix in a few :wink2:

·
Administrator
31,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

The happy family :lol:

Bike tire on 16" car rim

NRF on a wing rim

Bike/car

Bike /car

Bike / car
Bead width is only difference from what I see and measure .

·
Administrator
31,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Above is only pix I have of a bike tire on a wing rim . Sorry

·
Administrator
31,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Next set here is the tools and tricks I use to spoon on tires

Yes I know that's a bike tire , but it's also the blocks I use for all tires to keep bead down in the valley . Good tire lube on blocks and entire time keeping rubber where it meets rim wet is the ticket . Go to Napa and ask for their best tire lube .

·
Administrator
31,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Why most NRF's are not the safest choice set . .06 miles one way .06 miles back max speed 40mph I think .

Valve stem out

Starting to wiggle off bead

And back , what a work out 0-20 & than 20 to 0 was the worst

Hole ?

Yep

Sidewall Ickyness

Now with that said I have ran a discontinued NRF with rim protection up to 50 mph and ran it for another 1500 miles after airing it back up with no problems . Not all tires are created equal . A RF with thicker sidewalls will indeed support the weight of the bike for at least 100 miles. As soon as I get a wore out RF I will post pix of a 100 mile ride at 60 mph . Soon as I get a donor tire .

·
Administrator
31,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Compliments of Trialsman

Tracing of wing on side stand . A car tire only gets a larger contact patch while under a load while cornering . A bike tire does not flex .

This is a good installers protected rim clamps . Inside or outside clamps must be plastic to ensure not damaging our rims . Look for brick and mortar mom and pop big shiny rim shops for mounting . Or check out our sticky thread of fellow darksiders mounting assistance.
Also if any questions ,comments , or requests for this sticky thread PictoRail :lol: pm me anytime. I locked thread down to keep it short and to the point .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.