GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see some riders ride car tire on rear wheel and like them, I was wondering if Honda covers any problems with your bike if you bring it in for warranty. Wondering if mother thinks that could have been the problem ( Example ) Your rear end gone out, or maybe transmission problems. Just an excuse to not pay for warranty work, cause tires are not standard issue. Anybody have any problems or issues ?

·
Registered
19,054 Posts
The owners of this website does not endorse the use of "any" car tires on a motorcycle. This board has been created so that there is no confusion that the owners of this site does not recommend, advocate or encourage the use of car tires on a motorcycle. All car tire threads will be moved here.

Here is a link. Good luck-
http://gl1800riders.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
I see some riders ride car tire on rear wheel and like them, I was wondering if Honda covers any problems with your bike if you bring it in for warranty. Wondering if mother thinks that could have been the problem ( Example ) Your rear end gone out, or maybe transmission problems. Just an excuse to not pay for warranty work, cause tires are not standard issue. Anybody have any problems or issues ?

The only issue you'd ever have at a Dealer about a CT would be if they have to test ride the bike after any repairs that required them to test ride the bike..

I'd be up front with them and ask if they have a problem with your rear tire?
Fact is more and more dealers are hearing/seeing the use of a CT now a days and most just ask the owner "How do you like it"

Now to ask any other questions,Please go to the Darksider Forum,Where you'll find people who know from experience the answers you may ask about a CT..:thumbup:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn't mean too stir up any trouble...I have new Motorcycle tires on my bike, was just wondering if any issues have been involved... I learn alot from this board, and I spend a lot of time reading all questions to learn from all.

·
Banned
4,623 Posts

Little boys will be little boys !!

JMHO :cool:

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
What warrantywork?

has anybody here actually ever had warranty work performed on their wing?
I'm on my 3rd 1800 and not a problem with any of them.
But then again I use Rotella and a CT.
I'm going out for an actual ride, carry on.

Steve

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
i had no problem with warr and the C/T.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts