GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the military, and I am required to wear a dot approved helmet, but I would like a smaller one. I am looking at the carbon fiber / kevlar helmets made in Orlando, and I was wondering if anyone has one and what they think of them. Even better, has anyone compared it to the Daytona helmet carbon fiber helmet?

Here is the website: www.carbonfiberbikerhelmets.com

Thanks.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I know it's not a Carbon Fiber.... but KEVLAR!

The only helmet I will trust my noggin to is this....

EXO-1000 See your local Scorpion dealer to purchase - quantity, color and sizing may vary.
  • Fiberglass/Kevlar™ Matrix Shell: Quiet, aero-tuned design for wind-tunnel tested comfort. EPS-lined chin bar for additional protection.
  • AirFit® permits a rider to personalize helmet fit through air adjustable cheek pads.
  • SpeedView® an internal retractable light smoke sun visor that eases eye strain instantly in varying light conditions without changing face shields
  • SpeedShift® quick-change shield system (patent pending): Easy, secure tool-less faceshield changes in ten seconds or less.
  • EverClear® no-fog faceshield: Optically-correct shield with state-of-the art fog-free technology and anti-scratch hardened coating.
  • KwikWick® moisture-wicking helmet liner and cheek pads: Breathable, easily removable and washable.
  • Ventilation system: Adjustable, indexed front and rear vents with aero-tuned rear spoiler reduce lift, create vacuum and maximize airflow through helmet.
  • Breath-deflector: Enhanced fog-free performance.
  • Snell/DOT Certified.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Harley boutique shops should have what your looking for. When I see them wear a helmet it is usually one of this style.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I am in the military, and I am required to wear a dot approved helmet, but I would like a smaller one. I am looking at the carbon fiber / kevlar helmets made in Orlando, and I was wondering if anyone has one and what they think of them. Even better, has anyone compared it to the Daytona helmet carbon fiber helmet?

Here is the website: www.carbonfiberbikerhelmets.com

Thanks.
I have one..& use it all the time.I Like it ...very light..& comffy..

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mr. Scootinn, did you get the extended half or the polo? My current half helmet has the visor, so I was thinking of going with the polo, but wasn't sure how much the brim sticks out?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts