GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else have this issue with the cardo freecom? everything is good until i connect to the wives headset intercom, when we disconnect the intercom call, the goldwing audio is not present any longer. i have to cycle power on the freecom to get it back. very consistent and repeatble.

i believe that the J&M headsets had this same issue until a software update.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, this is till an issue with the Freecom units. I still experience it with both my Freecom 2 and 4. I do NOT have that problem on the Packtalk Bold. My Freecoms, however, are not on the latest software. I have been unsuccessful updating either of my headsets on my computer. Just continuously errors out during the firmware update, so perhaps there is a fix out there.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, i did successfully update the software, no fix. at least im not crazy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
have you tried to key the cb xmit switch. with j&m that would reset the headset connection. im still waiting on my cb to be installed.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
had the same issues with my freecoms. tried everything to no avail so i gave up and bought the packtalk bolds. call them up when you give up. theyll give you a discount code for the upgrade. it was substantial. now i use my freecom for carplay when i dont wear a helmet. just turn it on and place it in the cubby. this way i can use waze, sirius, etc...

·
Registered
1 Posts
anyone else have this issue with the cardo freecom? everything is good until i connect to the wives headset intercom, when we disconnect the intercom call, the goldwing audio is not present any longer. i have to cycle power on the freecom to get it back. very consistent and repeatble.

I have the exact same issue with Cardo Freecom 4+. I just will not use intercom.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts

Well, this thread revival is interesting and very timely........
Cardo has some type of bug with this issue IMHO and it's not only with the Freecom units.

I purchased a dual set of Cardo Packtalk Bolds (JBL) and had this exact same issue.
Didn't matter if I was running Carplay or if my phone is Bluetooth to the bike, every time I keyed up the intercom mode on either Packtalk Bold headset (BT or Mesh) I could never reconnect to the bike audio.....until I cycled power on the Cardo.

I worked with Cardo on this issue for over a week and they had no resolution after trying a ton of things....
My pairing was simple....iPhone 11 to bike, PTB to bike and headset to headset. Wife's headset was just setup for intercom.
I gave up after their last suggestion was to borrow an Android phone and try that.......what?
No intercom is a show-stopper for me.

Just recently sent them back for refund and reluctantly went back to what worked well previously a pair of Sena 20S Evo headsets.
Got them paired up and working flawlessly within 15-minutes.......zero issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts