GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

New to the forum and new to Goldwing ownership. I have a 2018 Goldwing and used the Cardo Freecom 2+ intercom system on my previous bike. I did a forum search to discover if there were any issues using the system with the Wing's bluetooth system. I discovered that there were issues returning to music listening after using the intercom to talk with a rider. Well I have discovered a method to be able to use the Cardo system without this limitation.

1.Download the Cardo Updater System, which can be found on their website.
2.Update your Cardo unit to the latest firmware, ver. 3.6 dated 19 March 2020
3. Connect each Cardo unit to your phone using the Cardo phone app
4. Go to settings in the app and select "Audio Sharing". This is a new feature enabled by the firmware update, a standard feature on the Packtalk units. I believe it is this feature that allows the Packtalk to work fully with the Wing.
5.Connect Cardo unit to Goldwing using method described in available youtube videos.
6. Enjoy!!

Audio sharing allows the headset to "play" 2 audio sources at once. When you use the intercom, audio from the Goldwing will be muted. Once the intercom conversation is over the bike audio will return to full volume.

Hope this helps someone enjoy the full function of their Cardo unit and save them some $$$.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Thanks for the update. I appreciate it. Had I known this a few weeks ago I would have purchased the FC4 dual units I was gonna buy on Ebay for $289 Ended up buying new Sena SMH10s. Im sure someone will put your info to good use. Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts