GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any luck pairing the G9X to the Wing ?
I have paired it just fine but when I connect to my wife's helmet it cuts out the music and never comes back. I have tried all the basic things like turning off the blue tooth on my iPhone 6S, all the things on the forum using other Cardo systems but have not read anything on the G9X.
I may just have to go to a Pack Talk Bold but if it's possible to make the 9X work then I save a ton of cash.
Thanks
Scooper

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I have paired it just fine but when I connect to my wife's helmet it cuts out the music and never comes back. I have tried all the basic things like turning off the blue tooth on my iPhone 6S, all the things on the forum using other Cardo systems but have not read anything on the G9X.
I may just have to go to a Pack Talk Bold but if it's possible to make the 9X work then I save a ton of cash.
Thanks
Scooper
Called Cardo yesterday and they said theyre working on a software fix for exactly that and to check for the update within next 2 weeks. I was inquiring about the Freecoms though. Not sure about the 9X.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Called Cardo yesterday and they told me the G9X is too old of technology for the wings system .
Going to just get a set of the Packtalk bolds.
Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Thanks
Scooper
We've had similar problem with our well used G9x headsets.

We had good success with the G9x units for bike to bike for a bunch of years.
One of us also used the headset to listen to mp3's. (I prefer speakers)
Each also paired to their own phone.

On 2018's intercom still works fine bike to bike. (naturally, since the bike is not in the loop)
Farmgal has an apple, mine is android.

After using the intercom she would usually lose the music feed to the headset --- similar to the problem reported by @Scooper
Same problem existed using CarPlay or not, and cable connection or Bt connection of the apple to bike.

She has not been riding at all this year so I've been procrastinating and researching.

I'm pretty sure there is a Packtalk bold (or slim?) setup in my future.
Pricey perhaps, but seems to be the current 'state-of-the-art'.

If you are happy with speakers for bike sourced audio and just want headset for phone calls and intercom use the G9x will work fine -- as it did when running previous gen bikes.

Long winded way of saying we have same/similar issues with G9x on the 2018's :serious:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts