GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my 2018 Silver DCT non-tour Friday (review coming soon) and rode it 860 miles home. I have watched every video on pairing the Palktalk with the bike with no luck. They are both saying paired and I see the headset icon but cannot get the sound to come through the headset!? What am I missing?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
That was it!! I’m an idiot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I followed the instructions om page 7, 'connecting to another bluetooth device' and it worked for me. Then switched on the console. I have a little hair left.

If I plan on using Carplay, do I need to pair the iphone to the bike?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I followed the instructions om page 7, 'connecting to another bluetooth device' and it worked for me. Then switched on the console. I have a little hair left.

If I plan on using Carplay, do I need to pair the iphone to the bike?
no. the phone gets connected to the bike via an iphone lightening cable

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got everything working except the microphone. Carplay works fine, can make a phone call but no microphone. Voice commands obviously not working either. Cardo suggested enabling 'Parallel Audio-streaming', but that did nothing for me.

·
Registered
7,562 Posts
I got everything working except the microphone. Carplay works fine, can make a phone call but no microphone. Voice commands obviously not working either. Cardo suggested enabling 'Parallel Audio-streaming', but that did nothing for me.
Sounds like you have Cardo paired to the phone, and the phone cable connected to the bike.?

If so, disconnect the cardo pairing from your iphone.

Carplay and the bike will route your phone from to the bike to the headset.

Cardo and 'the bike' cannot BOTH be running the phone.

Cardo instructions assume you want the phone directly to the headset.
(they don't acknowledge the possibility of a 3rd device/program (carplay) being between phone and headset.)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I do not have cardo and the phone connected. It appears the microphone is working, but the volume is so low, they can barely here me. I tried to use the Cardo Connect app to increase the volume to no avail. Cardo acknowledged problems with Carplay.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I do not have cardo and the phone connected. It appears the microphone is working, but the volume is so low, they can barely here me. I tried to use the Cardo Connect app to increase the volume to no avail. Cardo acknowledged problems with Carplay.
try raising the volume on the bike as you are talking

1 - 16 of 16 Posts