GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an eyeball on an ATV Cargo Carrier from Harbor Freight. 48 3/4" L X 32" W X 7 3/4 " H. Would have to get a 1 1/4" to 2" Adapter for my receiver. Anyone out there using this gadget? Pros and Cons please.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I looked at that one but ended up getting this one from Amazon.

It is square tube steel and looked a lot more sturdy. I didn't like that it covered the lights so I cut it down and welded it to fit a storage box I also got on Amazon.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice looking setup. How much weight do you carry? I went with the Harbor Freight ATV Carrier. Has a 1 & 1/4 inch steel tongue. Pretty sturdy. Just worsried about the weight thing.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Packit makes it for any hitch. Mine is a CSC cobra but I made the hitch myself and use the rack/bag on both bikes

·
Registered
937 Posts
Nice looking setup. How much weight do you carry? I went with the Harbor Freight ATV Carrier. Has a 1 & 1/4 inch steel tongue. Pretty sturdy. Just worsried about the weight thing.
We just got back from a week long trip to Jellystone. We trailered the trike up there. I'm glad we did that was a looooong trip !

While we were in Cody we used the rack everyday packed with various gear that we thought we would need for the weather. Probably 60# in the box. Add al least 20# for the weight of the rack and receiver and you have 80# back there.

I never was aware of the rack being back there and the great thing is we never had to open it because the weather was absolutely gorgeous the whole time !

I am going to make some changes to it this winter. Things I learned on this trip. I am going to go to the 1 1/4" receiver - the 2" is overkill for this application.

I am going to make it so the receiver is a little lower so I can open up the trunk all the way.

Other than that I am very pleased with how it works and the amount it holds.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
I've got the same Poor Man's Packit rac setup. That box holds a lot and doesn't block the lights.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts