GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am leaving for Key West in May and will be traveling South from IL,KY,TN,GA,FL...and was wondering what the towing speeds by state are from a motorcycle point of view. I really dont want to create a problem but am used to pulling my homemade at indicated 70-75mph....Any thoughts on aforementioned states /laws?
:coffee1:
thanks, :bow::bow::bow:
BluWinger

:bow::bow::bow:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I have never had any issues in TN pulling mine, there should be a web site to find that info out.

·
Registered
19,443 Posts
On a bike pulling a trailer use your regular speed. They will not mess with you at posted reg speed

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
In Kentucky they drove around here a while back putting these things up. A lot of them are full of bullet holes, but ya can still read them.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
The only state that has weird laws about things is California :eek:4:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Your state is the only problem state on your planned trip. ALL Trailers 55MPH.

·
Registered
501 Posts
We just returned from Key west to our home in SC, towing a trailer. No problem with driving posted speed limit in SC, Ga or Florida.
Be sure and stop at Robbie's Marina and hand feed the Tarpon. Also, the food at Islamorada Fish Company is delicious, the view ain't bad either.
Enjoy the ride, oh yes, you may want to find a hotel in Miami, the hotels on the keys are very high. We booked a Holiday Inn Express in Kendall (southwestern Miami) on Priceline for $60/night.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Illinois has a "vehicle pulling trailer" limit. Not sure but I think it is 60mph, but we have crossed a couple of times on I 70 running 70 without a look.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
The only state that has weird laws about things is California :eek:4:
Hmmm, kind of a broad statement. There are a lot of wierd laws here, but Texas has a few as well...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts