GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So..

When I do hook the phone up and get it to recognize successfully, it *always* asks me if I want to enable carplay, even when I always pick "enable always". I know with my Mazda car, once I did "enable always" it never asked me again.

Is this some firmware bug on the wing? Anyone else having this issue? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance :)

Edit:
Ahhhh.. I just checked the bike. Even though I specifically told the dealer to make sure the firmware was up to date when I picked it up last week, it looks like it has old software on it. I'll update it tomorrow and see if that fixes the issue. Why is it you can never completely trust a dealer to do what they are supposed to do.... Glad Honda set it up so you can do it yourself.

·
Registered
127 Posts
When I bought mine it wasn’t updated either. However I still have connection issues. Mine will say “headset not connected so CarPlay doesn’t connect “. It is connected and shows up on dash. I usually unplug everything a couple of times and it finally connects. I hope a update fixes this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
419 Posts
I am still on the original software, and have no problems. do not use the phone bluetooth, turn it off.
If you are using a helmet with a headset, turn that on and make sure it pairs to the bike, that will show up as headphones icon are the far top left of the dash screen.
Once that appears and give it 5 seconds to be sure, then plug your iphone into the bike.
it should allow Carplay to work.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not that it doesn't work. It does if I wait as you say. It just asks me *every* time if I want to do that, even when I respond with "enable always". Once I say "enable always" it shouldn't query me again. That's the way it works in my car...

·
Registered
432 Posts
It's not that it doesn't work. It does if I wait as you say. It just asks me *every* time if I want to do that, even when I respond with "enable always". Once I say "enable always" it shouldn't query me again. That's the way it works in my car...
The bike asking this sounds familiar - mine kept asking me to choose every time even though it shouldn't have. If it is the same thing - it was resolved with the latest software update because mine never did it again after that.....

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
When I bought mine it wasn’t updated either. However I still have connection issues. Mine will say “headset not connected so CarPlay doesn’t connect “. It is connected and shows up on dash. I usually unplug everything a couple of times and it finally connects. I hope a update fixes this.

Make sure you are looking at the correct icon on the dash.

There is one 'headset' icon that just indicates that headset is selected for audio output.

The ones that show headset(s) connected will also have a number inside the headset icon.

'Headset 1 connected' will be on LHS right beside the signal strength icon on LHS. (icon positions 1 and 2 on the top bar)
'Headset output selected' icon will be beside the phone and phone battery strength icons.

Page 88 in OM has pics

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

Despite icon showing headset paired on dash, full connection takes additional time. I allow additional 15-20 seconds after icon appears before connecting phone.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My 2018 DCT is acting exactly the same way. I just unplug & replug the phone once and it gets connected. I am pretty sure this is a bug & looking forward to January for the upcoming update.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
So..

When I do hook the phone up and get it to recognize successfully, it *always* asks me if I want to enable carplay, even when I always pick "enable always".
I don't believe that is bike setting - check settings on iPhone.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
My 2018 DCT is acting exactly the same way. I just unplug & replug the phone once and it gets connected. I am pretty sure this is a bug & looking forward to January for the upcoming update.
youve herad/read theres a january 2020 update coming? there was a january update in 2019.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't believe that is bike setting - check settings on iPhone.
It was the old firmware. Did an update on the bike to the Jan/2019 firmware last night and now it no longer asks every time but remembers what I said. Phone does not have to be unlocked as long as you set it in the phone settings to allow carplay while locked. The whole carplay seems much better with this firmware in terms of coming up.

Reactions: tclhb

·
Registered
130 Posts
My bike the 2019 firmware and still asks me every time.

It’s not a phone thing, it’s the bike.

In our cars they just asks the first time, then never again. This GoldWing asks every single time, even when saying “always allow” or whatever.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

In our cars they just asks the first time, then never again. This GoldWing asks every single time, even when saying “always allow” or whatever.

Mine quit doing it after the firmware upgrade...

·
Registered
29 Posts
The current firmware update resolves the 'enable' carplay issue.

I would reinstall the update.

·
Registered
455 Posts

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
I purchased my 2019 DCT Tour in June 2019 and it did not have the latest update from Jan 2019.
I had to do it myself.....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts