GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m not sure what happened. I’ve been using CarPlay for a while now. All has been working fine. Now all of a sudden when I plug the phone in it doesn’t start CarPlay. I turn on helmets first, start bike and let all connect. I’m able to talk to my wife so I know the mike is working. Plug in the phone and nothing. I have tried a different cable, I have unpaired the headset to the bike and repaired it. I have deleted the CarPlay connection on my phone and started over, still when I connect the phone it doesn’t find it.

Of course this happens when I left on a week long trip today. Any suggestions???

·
Registered
125 Posts
When you attach the phone to the bike, it needs to be unlocked first. It should then connect in a moment or two.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Is it perhaps trying to connect as an iPod? I seem to remember having to tell the bike or the phone, I forget which, to always connect as CarPlay. Other than that, I’m clueless too.

·
Registered
120 Posts
DenMan46, You are correct you have to set the Bike to Car Play, AND set the Phone to always to connect (even when locked) and only connect the Phone AFTER the headset is fully connected (radio playing in headset) If it doesn't connect then there may be another issue. IE bad cord

·
Registered
125 Posts
Wow! That desert looks REALLY good Bill.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have ran into the same problem a couple of times. Try this if you haven't already,
1. restart ph.
2. make sure Bluetooth is off on ph.
3. start bike
4. turn on head set wait for media connected prompt
5. plug in ph.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Oh it was lol. Little diner in Pigeon Forge TN. worth the traffic. Not to mention running Deels Gap on the loop. Good times, Great Memories.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
The bike may have switched to iPod instead of CarPlay. Go into the Audio sub menus and check!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The bike may have switched to iPod instead of CarPlay. Go into the Audio sub menus and check!
Thank you so much! I’m not sure how this got switched to iPod but that was the culprit. Set it on CarPlay and all is good again. I wish I could blame this on someone else for messing around with the settings, but I guess I will have to blame the guy in the mirror. He’s a bad bad fellow. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Dagwood, glad to hear that was it! I have had this happen too! Started the bike up & it had re-set to iPod in the settings . . . crazy, eh?? :surprise:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Just pretty much gave up on trying to rectify my CarPlay connection tried it In my other cars, tried multiple cables. I came in and checked the board did a search and BINGO the setting changed to iPod, must have been after the update. Thank you!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Thank you so much! I’m not sure how this got switched to iPod but that was the culprit. Set it on CarPlay and all is good again. I wish I could blame this on someone else for messing around with the settings, but I guess I will have to blame the guy in the mirror. He’s a bad bad fellow. Thanks again.
Earlier this week, my 2018 GWT6 wouldn't connect to CarPlay, and somehow the phone was back on iPod...which I know that I didn't do. No issues since then, but very strange. Bike never did that before.

·
Registered
215 Posts
The same thing happened to me rite after I bought the bike 2 years ago. It has never happened sense.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts