GL1800Riders Forums banner

Carrying suits on non-tour?

1K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  ShanghaiDan 
#1 ·
Questions for those of you that commute and have to wear suits. On my last bike I was able to put a suit on a hanger at an angle inside the rear cases ( Africa twin). On Friday I pick up my 2018 DCT, I will post pictures, and was trying to figure out how I’m going to get my suits to and from work without rolling them into a ball. Attach a garment bag to the rear seats? Any other ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Pull a trailer on Mondays? Plenty of room in a Bushtec and very easy to pull, park, etc.

Plan 2: Get a carrier that mounts to the trailer hitch and gently fold them as you have done in the pat, or fabricate your own upright garnet bag. (They make golf club bags for these type mounts and it is very easy to carry your golf sticks in there, or so I have heard.)

I suspect others will chime in with their thoughts. Some may even be good....:)

#4 ·
There are videos on YouTube on folding a suit. I carry a sports jacket and pant in a small trunk rack bag.

Reactions: Sgtt45
#6 ·
Have a local dry cleaner pick them up and deliver them to your place of employment. With the 2018+, you are going to need to roll them or try and fold them. If you have access to a steamer at work to freshen them up a bit you might be OK but I would go the dry cleaner route if I had to take the bike and I needed to wear a suit every day. No bag is going to keep them looking good if you need to fold them up on a bike. JMHO

Reactions: Bayrec
#12 ·
I’m going to get my suits to and from work without rolling them into a ball.

Get an Aerostich Roadcrafter one piece riding suit. They're designed to fit over your clothing. Put on your dress suit, than easily zip your Roadcrafter over your suit. Ride to work, take off your Roadcrafter, and you're already dressed for success.:wink2:
I've had my Roadcrafter almost 20 years. Thankfully it still fits and I love it. Although I don't wear suits to work anymore, it does fit easily over my business casual and it's a snap to take on and off.

#13 ·
I quit wearing suits during the summer! I buy High Quality Sport Coats and keep 2 or 3 at the office. I try to order coats that will go with multiple colors! I do keep 1 suit if I really need it! (so far! It’s never been out of the closet!) Then I wear Nice dress pants to and from the office.

If anyone knows the name of who ever came up with men wearing ties, I say :trike:! What says you?
:grin2:

#14 ·
I use a Duluth Trading One Night Stand bag. I can put my suit (I wear one a few times a year), and other clothes inside, it rolls nicely, and then straps to the seat. It rolls in a big enough diameter that there aren't any wrinkles or creases in the clothes inside. And it's big enough I can take a suit, an extra pair of pants, and an extra shirt if needed.

It's really ideal for this. It's the reason I bought this bag - perfect match with a backpack to take a LOT of clothes, including a nice 3 piece suit, wherever I may need to go.

Reactions: CarpeDiem
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.