GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winter is Over.! YEA!!
Hiway #20 Cascade Pass will open one week early LATE Friday April 24th.. Just to be sure check before you go.Sometimes there are some unusual circumstances that have occured. It's still cold up on top.Not shirt sleeve weather
David
HondaMortch

R

·
0 Posts
I hear ya. It was wonderful and warm at Ft. Lewis Washington back in 1973 1974. Then we went on vacation (Army style) and headed over snowqualme pass. Froze my bunsies off going over that pass. Gamma Goats didn't have heaters in them.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
The email I got from the WSDOT said "The North Cascades Highway is reopening tomorrow at 8 p.m. (depending on how the final clean and sweeping goes, it could even happen a couple hours earlier than that "

A few years ago it opened at 10:00 am.My buddy Karry and I were the first motorcycles to cross.:doorag:

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
I hear ya. It was wonderful and warm at Ft. Lewis Washington back in 1973 1974. Then we went on vacation (Army style) and headed over snowqualme pass. Froze my bunsies off going over that pass. Gamma Goats didn't have heaters in them.
A few years back on a nice November day a couple of us decided to take our wives across Stevens Pass to Leavenworth for lunch.
It was 45 at home and the internet said 45 at Leavenworth,so we thought we would be ok if we dressed warm.
We didn't stop to think that it could be 17* at the top of Stevens Pass!!:eek:4:

We had Gerbing's shortly after that!!:doorag:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts