Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Cassoday,Ks

All i can say is WOW..................
In the mid 40's my family worked a STAR oil lease outside El Dorado,Ks., on the No. side of El Dorado lake.
This was /is Ks. prairie country in the Flint Hills. It's cold in the Winter, hot,dry & "breezy" in the summer time, beautiful in the Spring & Fall.
CASSODAY was/is what we used to call a "wide spot in the road",absolutely nothing there, except a handful of hardy dirt farmers.
We left that neighborhood in 1948 & tho i've been back to Ks. a few times to see folks in Dodge City & Witchita, i've not been to CASSODAY since 47-48.
went to the wewbsite for the breakfast & was amazed.
To the best of my memory this was a "dry" County,no alcohol, so i can't imagine 7,000 bikers invading this community.
I wish them well & continued success. I may even stop by sometime on my way to Co..
Dave, the hobo, CASSIDY

·
Registered
123 Posts
It's a pretty big gathering, but the town still isn't much more than an intersection. It's amazing how many riders show up, coming and going all morning and part of the afternoon. Probably should plan on eating in another town along the way, as all you will find there are some vendors selling whatever they have cooked that day and the lines are usually long. Lots of groups seem to ride in, walk around to shop the vendors and talk to friends, then ride out to lunch somewhere else.
Taking the interstate from KC should put you right at 2 hours or so, but the back roads are more enjoyable.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have been several times. Lots of bikes, food, even a dyno trailer. It's worth the ride. Lot of shops are set up for t-shirts, and leather, and food.

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Been there a few times.....and Cassoday is more less an intersection with a few houses around it.

It starts early (9 am or so), and is generally over by 4PM or so. Not too far away is the Kansas Motorcycle Museum in Marquette Kansas. KS-177 runs straight north out of Cassoday, and is a nice ride back to I-70.

They had quite a bit of snow in the area over this past weekend, so not sure how the roads will be....for that reason, I am sittin this one out.

It is the 1st Sunday of every month, so there will be a few more opportunities to go this year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts