GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While Jeane and I were at Dan's Cycle in Hesston, Ks. getting the tires changed, I took the opportunity to browse around a bit. There was a used Goldwing in the corner so, naturally I headed for it. I saw what I took to be a cushion on the back seat. It looked very comfy. Upon closer examination I saw it was a young cat snoozing.

Of all the bikes and 4 wheelers in the store, this cat knew which bike was the most comfortable for a snooze.

This is a cat with taste! :yes1: :yes1: :yes1: :yes1:

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
I opened this thread up hoping to get pointers on how to BBQ a cat. I can't even begin to measure my disappointment!

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
salyzyn said:
I opened this thread up hoping to get pointers on how to BBQ a cat. I can't even begin to measure my disappointment!
Free range cats are too tough for BBQ. They are better suited to low heat, slow cooking. I prefer a crock pot.

Now, domestic cats are a different story! As long as they are kept inside so they don't move around too much, take a lot of naps, etc., they can be tastey! A smokey BBQ sauce with a little kick to it and the proper wine, steamed veggies and a pasta salad, mmmmm-mmmm.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are actually better smoked for 13 hours at 150 degrees. Taken out, let cool, sliced thin against the grain, put in a covered dish with BBQ sauce over it. Then into the oven for 2 hours at 350 degrees.

Actually this is my receipt for a 10 lb brisket.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
WB0SPL said:
They are actually better smoked for 13 hours at 150 degrees. Taken out, let cool, sliced thin against the grain, put in a covered dish with BBQ sauce over it. Then into the oven for 2 hours at 350 degrees.

Sounds like a great recipe for a loose meat sandwich.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
richard h said:
WB0SPL said:

Sounds like a great recipe for a loose meat sandwich.
It makes excellent, excellent, excellent sandwiches! :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BLK04WNG said:
How much does Dan's Cycle charge to put on new tires ?
Thanks
Eighty Five for the pair. Not too bad considering Wichita prices.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Does that include the valve stems also? Cause if it don't then you got screwed. WTF is it with dealers now days trying to rip us wingers off all the time? It's as if we have a "stupid" tatooed on our forehead. Geeezzz... can't we ever get a break!

·
Registered
311 Posts
richard h said:
salyzyn said:
Free range cats are too tough for BBQ. They are better suited to low heat, slow cooking. I prefer a crock pot.

Now, domestic cats are a different story! As long as they are kept inside so they don't move around too much, take a lot of naps, etc., they can be tastey! A smokey BBQ sauce with a little kick to it and the proper wine, steamed veggies and a pasta salad, mmmmm-mmmm.
And they are so not suited for the microwave (please don't ax' me how I know that).

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
The old mountain way to cook a cat is to bake it. You take any size cat put it on a baking pan and cover it with potatoes, bake it at 350 degrees for 8 hours. Take it out of the oven throw the cat away and eat the potatoes. Man or they tasty

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BLK04WNG said:
That is not bad at all, is that taking off and putting on the bike ?
Yes, but not the stems. I change stems every other tire change.

I don't know why dealers charge so much for this service. Cage drivers would never stand for it. I know there is liability involved, but good grief!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts