GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a little non scientific research today, and came up with these statistics. Your results may differ.

This being the Last Cats-Cade, things are looking very good. The Days -Inn is just about full. Participation registrations are coming in steadily. Saturday night dinner registrations are slow, but coming in. Camping registrations are steady, and most of the choice spots have an eye on them.

Participation registrations: 112 bikes and 168 folks. 28 states & 1 Canadian Province covered.

Camping registrations: 23 campers.

Saturday Evening Dinner: 71 paid.

Wouldn't it be great to cover the other 20 States to get a total lower 48 participation or 100%. Would Love to hear from our friends to the North (Bill) and represent a few more Canadian Provence's. (Ecoute moi bien!...LOL)

Campers are doing great. It can be a lot of fun out there, since All activities will take place there this year. The Admiral & (her helper) Redneck Dave, are on a roll. I understand that the Admiral has her Helper busy, and some nice things are in store.

Saturday evening dinner registrations are going slow. We need a head count of 200 to make this work, and we are a little over 1/3 of the way there. Please don't make Pro Bono pull out his hair (he doesn't have much). Unfortunately, if you don't sign up for the Sat Dinner, you will not be able to get any food from the Brook's BBQ folks. They do not bring extra portions, only what we order and pre pay for. Hence no purchases , past the sign up deadline. Just the facts!

Lots of folks working on all that takes place. Our statisticians, Web manager, Bean Counters and all, are doing a great job! Their dedication and timeliness is what makes this happen for everyone.

Thanks to Everyone

Bulldog[/url]

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
I just have one question. How are the shirts coming along? LOL's Dawg, you are working too hard. Both you & Meesh need a vacation!!!!

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
BlueWing said:
I just have one question. How are the shirts coming along? LOL's Dawg, you are working too hard. Both you & Meesh need a vacation!!!!
BITE ME !!!!

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
What about the 2.5 miler shirts? 8)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
:shock:

Hedo,
Day job gettin' a lil' stressful?? :twisted: Ya seem slightly on edge lately, lack of the correct daily amount of the "fruity beer" consumed?? :roll:
Female companionship issues?? :oops:
Wing snowed into the garage for too many days in a row?? :roll:

·
Registered
977 Posts
Hedo,
You just ain't right. The 'Sheriff' needs to settle you down. Some day, someone will call you, on one of your 'hip shot' replies! This conduct will NOT earn you free Coronas!! You need to PRETEND that you are a nice guy!!!
It's not our fault that you're frozen in. Go out and practice your 'sand traps' golf, in the snow - DON'T use a WHITE golf ball. Think, spring?
Later, you incorrigible stealth rider.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Yes, I would agree, it does appear that Hedo might need to spend some time in the cooler.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
What I don't understand, is why did Hedo volunteer to do the shirts again if he didn't have the time?

:D

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK here it is guys.

We have all been raggin on Hedo for quite some time now about Shirts and Hats.

The truth is, many discussions were had and we decided early on, that we would not offer them this year, as we felt that the need had been filled in past years. So we do not do any leg work on producing the items.

Late in the game, folks started requesting them for this year, so we revisited the question. Out of the goodness of Hedos heart, he once agreed to spearhead this project, brought on by popular demand.

This being the Last-Cade, we understood that some folks would like to have a souvenir.

The process is long, we have to select Quality products that will wear and look nice for a long period of time. Then we have to make commitments for purchase, that will not break the bank and propose a finished product that folks are willing to buy. We are in that process now!

Timing: We can sell 100 shirts and Hats over a period of 6 months and answer emails & Pm's about size, color, changes etc. Or we can sell the same 100 H&S over a 2 month period and eliminate many of the Emails and Pm's. This way, everyone gets what they want and the masses at large do not work us to death.(Hedo).

Last year we offered 8 colors of shirts, 4 different hats (brims) and 100's of colors of thread for the embroidering. Do the math and figure the combinations to include sizes for the shirts. Enormous challenge and we only had one mistake by the uniform guy and he fixed it in a timely manner.

So, I hope that everyone sees that as simple as a shirt & hat offering appears, there is a lot of work up front and behind the scenes, Just emails and Pm's can keep a person busy on such a seemingly easy project.

Meesh just mailed some info to Hedo yesterday, I doubt that he will get it before Friday or Saturday. We have time for all of this to happen.

Hedo is up for the job and has demonstrated his ability to take the orders, handle the money and get everything back to us in time, to make this happens flawlessly.

So give old man Hedo a little time and space and things will happen!

Thanks
Bulldog

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Hey! We are going to get some shirts and hats!! I didn't realize that. I thought we were all just having some fun with Hedo.

Thanks Dawg and Hedo for all the work. We'll order shirts and hats when they become available.

Only 4 more months! I can't wait to see everyone.

Andy

·
15 year Member
6,868 Posts
What is Cats-Cade and how can I contribute??

Happy Halloween!!!

Matt(BCNV) :lol:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Hey, does this mean it's a "Thank Heaven It's On Again in '11' I volunteer for Parking Lot Patrol and Cheescake Sampler.:excited::bow::thumbup:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Glad that I did not see this post, or I would be inclined to say something.....LOL

Dawg

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Glad that I did not see this post, or I would be inclined to say something.....LOL

Dawg

Like . . . say . . . . LETS DO IT!:thumbup::eek:4:

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Well I just saw this post and would be inclined to show up in 2011 seeing I am only 30 minutes away. So if it does go on please keep me informed. Would love to show up:thumbup:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Well I just saw this post and would be inclined to show up in 2011 seeing I am only 30 minutes away. So if it does go on please keep me informed. Would love to show up:thumbup:
BullDawg, quick, contact CJ, we need the web site up and running and soon. The sign ups are already starting. LOL

Get-R-Done. Oh, and what we having for Saturday night dinner? Can I still get muscles at Frankie and Johnnies?

I'm with ya jpinpa, sign me up too.:excited::thumbup::bow:

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
BullDawg, quick, contact CJ, we need the web site up and running and soon. The sign ups are already starting. LOL

Get-R-Done. Oh, and what we having for Saturday night dinner? Can I still get muscles at Frankie and Johnnies?

I'm with ya jpinpa, sign me up too.:excited::thumbup::bow:
Oh Wheels you can sign me up with ink I will be there. LOL

1 - 20 of 38 Posts