GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our esteemed Catscade webmaster, CJ, is apparently out on the town, and until his return, we do not have the benefit of an elegant, transparent method for people to sign up and pay for the Catscade Saturday evening barbecue. Until his return, we are going to have to revert to the dreaded manual email system. It is important to have an accurate stomach count for the Brooks people by the middle of May, and to that end, this is the procedure to follow to sign up and pay for Saturday dinner.

You need to do two things:

1. Send an email to [email protected] (that's me), telling me your name, your board name, email address, your choice of a chicken dinner ($18 for chicken dinner with an additional 1/2 chicken ($23), the name of your guest(s), if any, and what he/she/them would like to eat.

2. Make a Paypal payment to me at [email protected] in the appropriate amount.

Simple rules:

If I get an email and cannot match up the Paypal payment with an email address, I'm eating your dinner.

If I get an email and no paypal payment, you're not eating.

Questions?

[email protected]

I now return you to your regular programing.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Simple rules:

If I get an email and cannot match up the Paypal payment with an email address, I'm eating your dinner.
All I can picture is you sitting in front of 20 chicken dinners with a drumstick in each hand saying "Tough luck bozos, it's mine now!!!" :tongue:

Thanx for organizing this again Ken :thumbup:!! I know you're watching your weight, email and Paypal sent so you don't have to eat ours!!!!

·
Registered
871 Posts
This is nice of you, Ken but I'm confused?

One chicken dinner costs $10, but if you add an extra 1/2 chicken it costs $23. Does that mean that a chicken dinner is less than a 1/4 chicken?

Just curious (and hungry).

Lance

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
...telling me your name, your board name, email address, your choice of a chicken dinner ($18) or chicken dinner with an additional 1/2 chicken ($23), the name of your guest(s), if any, and what he/she/them would like to eat.

Questions?
Ummm.... yeah. What happened to the pulled pork BBQ? The above makes it sound like we only have a choice of chicken, and... uh... chicken.

Correct? :shrug:

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oops...sorry. In my enthusiasm to get this posted, I failed to proofread. :( A chicken dinner is $18, not $1:).

Sorry about that. Post has been corrected.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Alright Pro Bono!! Can I get just white meat?;)

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Why don't you guys read the post. You do get a choice. Chicken Dinner or Chicken and a half Dinner.:joke:

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
819 Posts
Why don't you guys read the post. You do get a choice. Chicken Dinner or Chicken and a half Dinner.:joke:
Again....what happen to the pork BBQ?????

·
Registered
819 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
I am trying to still find how to pay on pay--pal !!!!!!!! :eek:4: Wanted to pay while chicken was cheap :thumbup: ..........Order was placed at the bargan price of $10.00 each.....:bow:..........

·
15 year Member
6,868 Posts
Yup, chicken, or chicken and more chicken...

I may cry "Fowl" on this one.... can ya ship a sh*t load out to me in BC??

Matt(BCNV) :doorag:

·
Registered
871 Posts
Ok, Here's the take out menu... Guess I'll get my pork here and bring it over...

L

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Let me see if I can shed some light on this subject.

For the record, we have never offered "Pulled Pork" at Cats-Cade.

What we did offer the one year that we did have Brooks cater the affair, was BBQ Chicken or Pork Rib dinners.

Providing folks with 1/2 and 1/2 choices, turned into an accounting, preparation and execution nightmare.

For this year, we decided to make this a chicken BBQ dinner just like you would get at a church or other event. Plain and simple.

Just because we offered many more choices in the past and not this year, does not make this a "bad thing". I am sorry that many of you are disappointed, and have been vocal about it. We try hard, but we can not be all things to all people.

The folks from Brooks BBQ, have to travel about 75 miles one way, to do this catering for us. We are out of their service area, but they do it as a favor for Meesh and I.

Signing up and eating with the crowd is not mandatory, by any means.

Bulldog

·
Registered
9,112 Posts
The folks from Brooks BBQ, have to travel about 75 miles one way, to do this catering for us. We are out of their service area, but they do it as a favor for Meesh and I.

Bulldog
Well, I ain't ridin 75 miles one-way just to get "pork" BBQ. Guess I'll eat chicken.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Hey Dawg,

Please don't confuse good natured nitpicking with disappointment!
We have never been to Cats-cade. I had no idea the caterer was 93 miles away! (Google Maps)

A two hour trip to pick up take-out is probably not going to happen for me... :roll:

Thanks for all you do...

Lance

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Let me see if I can shed some light on this subject.

For the record, we have never offered "Pulled Pork" at Cats-Cade.

What we did offer the one year that we did have Brooks cater the affair, was BBQ Chicken or Pork Rib dinners.

Providing folks with 1/2 and 1/2 choices, turned into an accounting, preparation and execution nightmare.

For this year, we decided to make this a chicken BBQ dinner just like you would get at a church or other event. Plain and simple.

Just because we offered many more choices in the past and not this year, does not make this a "bad thing". I am sorry that many of you are disappointed, and have been vocal about it. We try hard, but we can not be all things to all people.

Signing up and eating with the crowd is not mandatory, by any means.

Bulldog
I think they do it for Meesh more then for you dog lol
Roy made me say it

1 - 20 of 42 Posts