GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a ride I have seen much in the last 2 weeks I am currently in Kingston NY and am looking at riding thru the catskills and the poconos and then up to Port Jervis is there any roads I should know about so I ride them this week. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Check out NY23A... Stop at Kaaterskill Falls. About a half hour hike to the falls. It was the subject of many photos and a painting by American painter Thomas Cole. Maybe TMI.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Take my advice stay away from the real Pocono's take it from someone that lives very close to that area:eek:4: It has been invaid over the last 10 years by city folk's and they drive like they do in the city except they are in the country. If you can get to route 97 around Calicoon N.Y. and ride all the way to Port Jervis that is a great ride. Or you can ride Route 9 W which follows the Hudson and peel off it before you get to N.Y.C. thats a pretty ride also. In pa route 6 iis a nice ride but it will head you west not south. (Pa. Grand Canyon is on route 6 and awesome site to see and not crowded at all during the week) There are some wonderful rides to sneek around in the Pocono's but they only have street names and not rout numberss so I just know them my memory of riding them. We have a awesome state to ride in but to me I stay away from the Pocono's . Good Luck and have fun :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Rt 209 from Kingston to Port Jervis is a nice ride

Rt 97 along the Delaware River is also nice...you will go through Hawks nest just before Port Jervis...nice

Be sure to stop at "Shinhopples" http://www.shinhopples.com/ I understand that some nice cookies are to be had there (though, admittedly I have never been)

Bethel Woods, site of the Woodstock Museum is really a cool place to visit http://www.bethelwoodscenter.org/ the museum is really a fun experience

I agree that the Poconos have become a haven for NYC types who drive like maniacs

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info as I did ride 97 to port Jervis and then the Hawks nest and on to Hawkins great road and I turned my go-pro camera on and video taped it and am glad I did as this is a must ride road . Thanks again
wish I knew how to post pics and videos because these are super

1 - 6 of 6 Posts