GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
These are pics of my front tire, Dunlop E-3. Basically a brand new tire. Noticed this very shallow groove on centerline. Intermittent around the whole tire. It is very shallow and the pressure is good.

Wondering if anyone has ever seen this occur and if this is an impending failure? Or could it be something not that big a deal, hit a rock or something? Again, these are very shallow and the tire pressure is good.

Attachments

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Bad tire, molded improperly.

Not rubbing anything or the rub mark would be continuous.

Road damage would be very rare to be so straight and equal.

Look a lot like trapped air in the mold, left a air void, and has now worn enough to show.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Can you send those pictures to Dunlop ??? Check at their website ... :shrug:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Agree Tire Issue

Agree with the others it's most likely a tire issue. Would go back to where it was purchased and contact Dunlop. Good luck and glad you found it before it became a major saftey issue

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Dunlop should stand behind it, take it back to where you got it from.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
isn't that why the call them dumflops?

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Disagree with all those prior; the center band is characteristic of this tire, for better or worse. My last set of E-3's did over 18k without ANY uneven wear from side-to-side, no abnormal tread deformation, or other issues. The "center line" was apparent the entire time, with NO ill handling effects. Keeping the pressures up on the E-3 (I use 41F/43R) seems to lessen the ridge and makes for high mileages out of a set. :thumbup: Just ride!

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Disagree with all those prior; the center band is characteristic of this tire, for better or worse. My last set of E-3's did over 18k without ANY uneven wear from side-to-side, no abnormal tread deformation, or other issues. The "center line" was apparent the entire time, with NO ill handling effects. Keeping the pressures up on the E-3 (I use 41F/43R) seems to lessen the ridge and makes for high mileages out of a set. :thumbup: Just ride!
Guess your not seeing what everyone else is seeing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts