GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a scam ad for a trike I purchased from the real seller, and received shipment on, last month.
See: Motorcycles : 2005 Honda Gold Wing Hannigan

This person is simply using the exact same pictures and verbiage that the real seller used in the ad that I saw, and purchased the trike from.

BTW: I paid a bit more than this fellow wants for a "vapor-trike" too ......

I've notified the site admin of the facts, so I suspect they will pull the ad soon.

As we all know (and it bears repeating) get "eyes on", or have a fellow forum member go see any bike before you buy it, if you can't get to it yourself, or don't have a friend close to it to go see it for you.

Asking for a value estimation might be a bit much, but to just verify it's a 'real bike' and a 'real seller', is something I think most would do for another forum member, if it's in their area.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I sent the scammer an email... I love to mess with these jerks.

For a while we had quite a few of these scam ads in "buysell.com" ... I got ahold of them and suggested they verify the legitimacy of the ads before allowing the ad to go-live. The apparently do try but since there are so many of them, they have a hard time keeping up. Seems to have helped some tho as I haven't seen many lately on that site... but then again, I haven't looked for the past few days either LOL

·
lightley seasoned member
3,081 Posts
Thats a great looking trike...

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
I'm contacting him-IT'S A HANNIGAN-AND ONLY $2,900.
I'm gonna send the guy $5,000 so he knows I'm serious and on my way to Texas. I'm sure he'll return the overage when I ger there.
This is the deal I've been waiting on-I'll report on how great the ride back home is later-heading for the airport:coffee1:

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I'm betting he didnt proofread his ad before posting, judging from his email address.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Good Grief Dawg!

You haven't paid me for that bridge I sold you last year!

I'm contacting him-IT'S A HANNIGAN-AND ONLY $2,900.
I'm gonna sent the guy $5,000 so he knows I'm serious and on my way to Texas. I'm sure he'll return the overage when I ger there.
This is the deal I've been waiting on-I'll report on how great the ride back home is later-heading for the airport:coffee1:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats a great looking trike...

Thanks jburd!!

I've been having a lot of fun with it, doing things to "make it mine".

Since receiveing it I haven't ridden my Road King at all.
This trike is a blast. A bit weird at first with no leaning, but it becomes second nature pretty fast.

The person I bought it from is a member of this forum (Wingchick) and I was fortunate enough to have a relative near her, to go see the trike.

It was she that emailed me earlier today about the Texas scammer.

I wonder if I shoud reply to his ad and tell him I want "tribute". ;)

·
lightley seasoned member
3,081 Posts
flyer91 I'm still waiting for him to email me back....really want a $2900 trike...

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I always miss out on the good deals!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Scam Alert

I think I could borrow $2,900 from my Rich Uncle in the Poor House by tomorrow.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Gee Dawg ..... I hope you mean "ugly yellow thing" in the same spirit as "Primus Sucks!!". :lol:

Maybe I should get a 'Taxi in Service' sign ..... and only pick up good looking lady fares. :p

It sure get's a lot of positive comments, and so far everybody see's me ...... if living to tell the tale, tells any tale ......... :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Ask him for the VIN. And I assume Hannigan has a serial number on its conversion kits.....

·
Registered
8,095 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
I wounder if he will accept a check from my overseas account for $75,000 and give me the bike and the change? Have to act quick within 24 hours for the deal.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts