GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
holy crap..
I bought two of them (NEW) but sold them.. :-(
(the first one was about $1,200 NEW .. near as I recall)

.. see pic of mine in my signature line..

Dennis

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I'll bet the seller is surprised. A no reserve auction that started at $1969.00 (cleaver starting price). Not worth it to me prototype or not, but some have money to burn.

·
motorcycle cowboy
904 Posts
What I could do with $135,000.:roll:

·
motorcycle cowboy
904 Posts
Sold for $148,100. Dang, I got out bid.:lol:

·
Registered
757 Posts
Bidding just ended. Final price is $148,100. YOU GOTTA BE SHI*IN' ME, JOKER!!! LOL

Obviously, some people have more money than what they know to do with it.

ETA: Just looked at all the pics. The thing isn't even in "mint" condition. Wow. There's a sucker born every minute! LOL

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
seems like a scam?

.. so in a few days there will be another for sale that's "a bargain" at only ten grand?

I don't have a clue really but nothing else makes sense.

Dennis

·
Registered
51 Posts
How high would he he have gone?

The thing I noticed was that the winning bid had been placed as automatic 24 hrs prior to the end. Wonder how high he set his top bid?:eek:4:

My brother has an older Honda out in his barn collecting dust, doesn't run and I am sure it is a larger multi-cylinder. Maybe I should call and ask if he wants me to dispose of it? He said he might as well scrap it a while back.:twisted: Gary

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
seems like a scam?

.. so in a few days there will be another for sale that's "a bargain" at only ten grand?

I don't have a clue really but nothing else makes sense.

Dennis
Most collectors will make their bid conditional with the seller ahead of time that they require verifying the authenticity of the auction's claims. Don't know if that happened here.

Either way, it's incredible if true. I can't believe that a bike like this would be sold on Ebay rather than something like Barrett Jackson. They do motorcycles once in awhile.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
This same guy sold a seat, oem, for $2300 and has lots of previous overpriced transactions for these sandcast cb750s

If you read the questions, lots of the bike had been fixed and the fork was broken, and even 2 pipes were not original, etc etc

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've got a 79 750F Supersport, the 1st year of the DOHC. Bought it new. All the parts are not exactly on the frame, but they are all in
nearby containers.
Just located an original set of mufflers for it. Has a Vance & Hines, 4 into one racing system on it now.
Also a brand new Vetter fairing for it, never used!
But if anybody has $50,000 I'll let you have it. Heck, I'd even deliver it!

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I have a 2000 ST 1100 with 7200 miles, VIN is 000009 Mint condition, except all rubber has been replaced with OEM...Will sell for 10% of what that guy got...wow. ;-)

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
This same guy sold a seat, oem, for $2300 and has lots of previous overpriced transactions for these sandcast cb750s

If you read the questions, lots of the bike had been fixed and the fork was broken, and even 2 pipes were not original, etc etc
It's not over-priced if someone is willing to pay it! I've seen 750 tanks with the "wrinkle" on the underside go for ridiculous jack. Apparently only the very early tanks had that "feature".

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
The price of that CB 750 is/was way out of site for me, but it is a "one of a kind", and to someone with the cash, why not? Now the new owner can proudly say he owns "the bike" that started the super bike race. Barry

1 - 20 of 32 Posts