GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My radio volume toggle and cb transmit buttons work only intermittently. I have an extended warranty.Do you all think this is covered? Should I try spraying something in there? Some guys are telling me WD40, others say tv tuner cleaner.

·
Registered
7,616 Posts
Plastic safe contact cleaner from Radio Shack or equiv. WD-40 leaves a residue.

You will need to get inside there or you will just be making a mess inside the housing. Easy to do. Here's a looksee. Two screws underneath and a couple you will see for an extra clamp.

>CLICK<

·
Registered
89 Posts
This looks like it might help my issue too!! My volume works fine, but the "tune" toggle switch is a royal pain. If I want to scan the radio stations, sometimes it works, sometimes I have to use the buttons on the "tank" and I'm stuck with whatever is preset there.

I'll give this a shot this weekend!

·
Registered
2008 GL1800 Base Model
1,125 Posts
I too, have an extended warranty. My CB volume control switch sticks in the up or down position. Can it be freed up so the spring returns it to neutral position? Do you all think this is covered?

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I too, have an extended warranty. My CB volume control switch sticks in the up or down position. Can it be freed up so the spring returns it to neutral position? Do you all think this is covered?
Nothing to do with the audio is covered under the extended warranty only the original three year..

·
Registered
2008 GL1800 Base Model
1,125 Posts
Nothing to do with the audio is covered under the extended warranty only the original three year..
So, has anyone tried repairing the CB Volume Switch or do you need to replace the whole assembly?

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
So, has anyone tried repairing the CB Volume Switch or do you need to replace the whole assembly?
I have a switch sitting here on my desk not sure which VOL SQ CH but you could use to repair your email me your mailing address you can have it

·
Registered
2008 GL1800 Base Model
1,125 Posts
I have a switch sitting here on my desk not sure which VOL SQ CH but you could use to repair your email me your mailing address you can have it
Thanks Pete!
PM Sent

·
Registered
2008 GL1800 Base Model
1,125 Posts
To get to the switch, I see the one screw holding the two halves of the switch housing, is there another somewhere, or is that the only one? Do you have to dismount the whole thing from the handlebar or can you just separate the top half of the switch housing using an offset screwdriver?

Pete, I received the switch, thanks so much!:thumbup:

David

1 - 9 of 9 Posts