GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I would post this question here as I know there is a lot of knowledge on this forum.
I have the 2018 Goldwing Tour DCT that I purchased in April of 2018 with the CB radio. I love this bike as I came from a 2004 Goldwing that I had for 14 years.

My problem is that I have completed the 3 updates that Honda put out for it and ever since the 1st update I have lost a lot of volume for the radio and the CB. I have the CB volume at the max setting and I cannot hear hardly anything going down the road from 3 different bikes I am riding with 2 Harley's and 1 Goldwing. My regular radio volume seems about 30% less than it was when I purchased it.Thanks for any info you may have.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Suggest check Setting Volume Controls

@Jerryt All I can suggest is go into the settings and double check your volume levels. Silly old me was thinking my transmit button was not working after the new update-come to find out I was pressing the upshift button on my paddle shifter (DCT) instead of the Transmit Paddle:banghead:
Also check your volume control on your headset communicator. JMHO

·
Registered
612 Posts
Try turning the headset volume to full and the back off the other volumes to a useable level. Just an idea.

I had a problem what I had my phone paired to my headset in phone pairing mode and the Wing also paired in phone pairing mode. I unpaired the phone form phone pairing in the headset and my CB volume went back to normal. I don’t know why it worked when I changed it buy, it did that time.

Headset only needs to be paired in phone pairing mode to the Goldwing. Does not need to be paired to headset in phone pairing mode to make or receive phone calls.

A NOTE: I’m using Sena 30K on O/F Shoei and a SRL with a Neotec 2 helmet.

Reactions: biglefti
1 - 3 of 3 Posts