GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How the heck to you line up the antenna mast so it folds down in the correct position? Now matter how I set the stud and jam nut it's always off.:shrug:

I worked at this for an hour before I threw my wrench and can't find it:cus:

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
First unscrew the antenna from the mount and tighten the stud with a hex wrench. You may need to use some Loctite to keep it tight. Screw the antenn assembly into the mount. Pull the slide up and bend the mast over. Rotate the mast counterclockwise until it is pionted straight forward. Thghten the lock nut with a wrench to lock it in place.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
528 Posts
The nut is 2 pieces. If you fold the antenna down and hold the nut, hold the base of the antenna and pull towards you to loosen it. loosen the nut and then move the antenna to the desired position and tighten the nut.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank guys. I found my wrench and with your help, got it on:excited:

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
Greetings!

I have mine set so that it lies at an angle across the seat instead of pointing straight ahead. That makes it a lot easier to get a cover on and off without snagging the antenna.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
well.......i feel really stupid cause, even with the video i can't get it right! Does it have two locking nuts? I only have one on my AM/FM antenna and only have one on the CB. It would make sense to me if there was suppose to be two. A good close-up may help.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
well.......i feel really stupid cause, even with the video i can't get it right! Does it have two locking nuts? I only have one on my AM/FM antenna and only have one on the CB. It would make sense to me if there was suppose to be two. A good close-up may help.

No just one locking nut the secret is to get the threaded part tight into the antenna nice and tight the locking nut then goes on loose until it touches the bottom of the antenna then screw the antenna onto the bike then fold it and drop the lock nut down onto the bike mount

·
Vendor
445 Posts
The easiest way is to take the cap screw out of the mast or base, use an Allen wrench to tighten it into base, screw mast on and place it where you want and tighten lock nut. You can put Lock Tite on cap screw if you feel it necessary but I have never needed it. I have always felt the cap screw was installed upside down. I have done this to hundreds of G/W's as the 1500 was the same.

·
Registered
524 Posts
My version of antenna install.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Thanks!!! Got it!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts