GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody used the black single antenna that is both for CB and stereo? If so, can you comment on its good and bad points. Also where can I purchase one. Thanks.
Roy

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm using the black Sierra Electronics antennas. I tried the splitter, but it reduced my AM reception a lot. The FM worked all right, and the CB signals were better than the Honda antenna. I took the splitter out, connected the AM/FM back to the right side, and the reception is pretty good. It picks the signal up off the base, since the right antenna is a dummy. It's not perfect, but still a little better for CB than the Honda antennas.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the replies. I will order one in the morning. I thought as long as I bought the CB during Hals Thanksgiving day sale, I had better get a good antenna. Thanks again.
Roy :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
I use the base for both antennas. I removed the top part and tapped the base to accept the 3/8-24 thread of a standard CB antenna on both sides.

Works GREAT.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ditto David West's comments -- I've had great performance from it, and like the black-on-black look (why spoil a good color scheme?)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts