GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought a sierra antenna with splitter for radio and cb
there´s also a new "fold-over" with it
its all ok but i feel a lot off clearance in that fold-over
the original one feels alot "stiffer"?
are there more with this "clearance"?:cry:

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
I have the Serria and like the fold down spring loaded feature. The OEM Honda fold down would sometimes stick and I had to get a pair of pliers to move it up to fold the antenna. Serria is far better and easier to use.

·
Registered
359 Posts
bought a sierra antenna with splitter for radio and cb
there´s also a new "fold-over" with it
its all ok but i feel a lot off clearance in that fold-over
the original one feels alot "stiffer"?
are there more with this "clearance"?:cry:
Agreed, my fold-over piece from them has some play in it as well but functionally it seems to work OK.

My biggest complaint is the total loss of AM reception with this antenna ( I don't listen very often but now and then I like some talk radio).
I knew there would be some loss but I thought I'd still get some reception while in the big city. When I emailed sierra asking about it they confirmed that with this splitter you do loose all AM reception. Wish they would have put that in a disclaimer on their product page, I probably would have gone with the std Honda CB antenna if I'd known...

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Agreed, my fold-over piece from them has some play in it as well but functionally it seems to work OK.

My biggest complaint is the total loss of AM reception with this antenna ( I don't listen very often but now and then I like some talk radio).
I knew there would be some loss but I thought I'd still get some reception while in the big city. When I emailed sierra asking about it they confirmed that with this splitter you do loose all AM reception. Wish they would have put that in a disclaimer on their product page, I probably would have gone with the std Honda CB antenna if I'd known...
Wow! That's the first I have heard of this. I have installed no less than 15 of these antennas and CB's and not once has the AM not worked. I just walked outside to check mine and the AM works just fine.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fpr me its not reception, i just think that its feels "lose"
the fold-over i mean, i can waggle it:joke: and was wondering if its normal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts